Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peters Brothers

Brad Peters

New in Town
First Step on Tropicalbob Blk Milan still trying to get some pics of ribbon for you.
This Should be a truer representation of the hue of the black the start out pretty matte not much shine.

Next time you are in FTW we should meet at the store and have a beer after. As you know, plenty of pubs on Houston Street.

Will do! I've been trying to find a reason to get down to LM this summer for a host of things. And I wasn't really kidding that much about looking for a job down there, as it's one of the places I would seriously consider relocating to. I know for a fact I'll be there in January, as I go to a technical meeting every year at that time.

Could I request, please, that those of you who have received your hemp Milans post some photos? Particularly any of the Strat clones, such as the one tropicalbob is awaiting (received?). Thanks to my good buddy Bob Roberts, I'm seriously considering making the call. Here's my dilemma: I have a local hattery, Brim on Fifth, that I want to support because I'm so damn lucky to have two brick & mortar hat shops within an hour or so of me. I want Brim to thrive and stay there, and expand and sell me hats and become the full-service hattery they aspire to be. I know, for a fact, if I order a PB Milan Strat clone I'll be a happy camper. However, somehow, Brim's owner got her hands on some Stetson Hemp Strats, but these are different from what I've seen anywhere else. They're sized. Not S, M, L, XL, but 7 1/4, 7 1/8, etc.

The cost would be about the same for each. What to do, what to do?

Y'all are gonna tell me to buy both, aren't you?

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Could I request, please, that those of you who have received your hemp Milans post some photos? Particularly any of the Strat clones, such as the one tropicalbob is awaiting (received?). Thanks to my good buddy Bob Roberts, I'm seriously considering making the call. Here's my dilemma: I have a local hattery, Brim on Fifth, that I want to support because I'm so damn lucky to have two brick & mortar hat shops within an hour or so of me. I want Brim to thrive and stay there, and expand and sell me hats and become the full-service hattery they aspire to be. I know, for a fact, if I order a PB Milan Strat clone I'll be a happy camper. However, somehow, Brim's owner got her hands on some Stetson Hemp Strats, but these are different from what I've seen anywhere else. They're sized. Not S, M, L, XL, but 7 1/4, 7 1/8, etc.

Indeed, support both merchants, wind up with 2 hats, 1 stock, 1 custom creased with ribbon or pug (if available)of your choice. Winners all around, problem solved.
Mine is not a Strat clone, more like Bob's with slightly narrower brim, should arrive by Tues. Wed. Once in hand I may order another in diff. color and might retire my Stetson Milan (not hemp) to gardening/yard chores though I usually wear larger westerns for that.

Indeed, support both merchants, wind up with 2 hats, 1 stock, 1 custom creased with ribbon or pug (if available)of your choice. Winners all around, problem solved.
Mine is not a Strat clone, more like Bob's with slightly narrower brim, should arrive by Tues. Wed. Once in hand I may order another in diff. color and might retire my Stetson Milan (not hemp) to gardening/yard chores though I usually wear larger westerns for that.

Well, my wallet wouldn't be the winner, that's for sure.

I don't wear my Milan Strat anymore...

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Well, my wallet wouldn't be the winner, that's for sure.

I hear ya. If I had to make that choice I would opt for the Peters, unless your fond of the Stetsons and fear they might disappear before you could see your way clear to grab one. I don't know how long PB will be offering theirs.

Again, my choice, not trying to influence.

I hear ya. If I had to make that choice I would opt for the Peters, unless your fond of the Stetsons and fear they might disappear before you could see your way clear to grab one. I don't know how long PB will be offering theirs.

Again, my choice, not trying to influence.

Oh, but you are, my man, you are! :D

Even if I do get the PB, I fear the wait will start carrying into the fall and not-straw hat season. But for that price, I could put it away until next year!

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Oh, but you are, my man, you are! :D

Even if I do get the PB, I fear the wait will start carrying into the fall and not-straw hat season. But for that price, I could put it away until next year!

Well, I'll leave you to mull it over but I fear who will not be happy until you have both at some point. Have a great day.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Which hat I would buy is obvious...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

That's why God made different colors. Listen, do what I always do: lie to yourself. Just say,"Okay, I know I shouldn't, but I'll get two. Then I won't buy another for a whole year." Then in a couple of months when you have to get another one, you say,"Well, I was just kidding myself. I deserve a new one." Problem solved.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
FRUNO: Its gonna be a movie called "Frunos Choice." Jump to the end of the movie where the leading character (Fruno) chooses to purchase a higher quality, one of a kind, reasonably priced, custom made hat... rather than a mass produced, over priced, current production, factory hat... The movie should have a happy ending.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's why God made different colors. Listen, do what I always do: lie to yourself. Just say,"Okay, I know I shouldn't, but I'll get two. Then I won't buy another for a whole year." Then in a couple of months when you have to get another one, you say,"Well, I was just kidding myself. I deserve a new one." Problem solved.

why not both.jpg

FRUNO: Its gonna be a movie called "Frunos Choice." Jump to the end of the movie where the leading character (Fruno) chooses to purchase a higher quality, one of a kind, reasonably priced, custom made hat... rather than a mass produced, over priced, current production, factory hat... The movie should have a happy ending.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You are so right, my friend. The quality issue is likely not to be debated. My dilemma here is merely the desire to support my local hatter. She's enthusiastic and helpful. She's given me pointers on refurbishing hats and sewing ribbons that has cost her business, because I don't bring them to her to do. She has brought hats back to Dayton and gotten them on peoples' heads. I need to support her so she stays in business. She is, however, more costly than on-line folks due to her brick and mortar location. If I'm going to have a local hatter, though, she needs some of my business, too.

But this is a Peters Brothers thread, not a Brim on Fifth thread, so I'll get back on topic.

Does it cost extra to get a bound brim, and what are the shipping costs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou