Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Nice, nice hat!! Looks like a light grey Bushman with a C-crown! Is that a 3 1/4" brim? I looked on the Akubra site and they show it now selling with a twin cord braided band!! Either one looks good ! Nice hat.
Onward thru the fog :)

It is the Akubra Pastoralist. Their color is labeled as "bluegrass green," but I have to say that I don't see even a hint of any green. It is more blue gray. The brim is exactly 3 inches. On the sweat it says "Made expressly for the Outback Trading Co, PA."

I have to say, I really like this hat.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My new Akubra Pastoralist here in Chicago...

5346338425_7fdd9d3aa9.jpg

Im really diggin' that Pastoralist. Looks great!

DRB

One Too Many
Mobile Vulgus : it is a moderately short crowned, wide brimmed hat right? It looks very nice.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Today is my 20th Wedding Anniversary. It snowed when we got Married and 20 years latter it happened again.

Here is my bride wearing my Vintage Faux Fur Fedora/Tyrolean.
IMG_0608.jpg

Here I am with my Biltmore Campaign Hat that I bought at the Canadian Pavilion at EPCOT Center on our Honeymoon
IMG_0610.jpg

Jeff

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Wow! that snow is really something! We're expecting our first freeze of the year tonight.

Oh! Happy Anniversary too.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Heres a pic of my 1950's Champ fresh from a 10 minute walk outside, coming home from the train station in one of those crumby Chicago snow storms.
DSC04817.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
MV: that Pastoralist looks great. I like the way the crown is lower but the brim is wide. Great hat for all that snow you guys have been getting.

MCrider

A-List Customer
Well here's my Akubra Sydney as we shoveled off the sidewalk so the dog could get outside. The weatherman said 2"-4" and we already had 7 or 8! Heck I think I have two inches on the brim.

S5030621.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
MCRider: I have always admired the Akubra Sydney's. Great photo. I wish they would make the Sydney in beaver also.

Lloyd: now that is a hat! I would like to know what pin is on the side. Also, this hat of yours:
LloydownsthisOptimoWeternConversionafterrain-hare-beaverblendProbably40-50beaverDarkbrownlate60slonghairedwesternfelitshalfwaytoaPeluchejpg.jpg

would be a great hat for inclement weather. Some day I hope to have one of those. What size are you? ;)

Last edited:

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Splish Splash...

Do soaking-wet amusement park rides qualify as "the elements?"

wetHat.JPG

This was on a trip to Kennywood in Pittsburgh, PA. My then-girlfriend and I had just taken the brunt of the canyon rapids water ride, with this cheap ($9 at K-Mart) straw fedora never looking quite the same. In fact, this hat never made it home from the trip; after it also got dirty working at an organic produce farm, I left it behind there. So you might say this hat did not "survive!"

Lloyd

A-List Customer
DRB; according to Art I'm a 7 1/2 long egg shaped oval.
Do I need to hide all my hats and start looking over my shoulder now? :eek:

The pin on the peluche is a Celtic style bear.
The western conversion is my primary wet weather hat but I've been wearing the peluche non stop since I got it and I'm really impressed how well it sheds water. I guess I shouldn't be but I am.

DRB

One Too Many
Lloyd, I believe that the hatmaker put something on the brim. I can't remember what it is called. However, it could be the cause of the shine on the brim.

Don't worry, you're not my size, darn !

Lloyd

A-List Customer
in the second pic, the one of the western conversion, the shine is just the long hair of the felt with a lot of water on basic house lighting. I was referring to he Beaver Brand Peluche. I asked them to go as light on the stiffener as the could, and it doesn't seem to reflect any light, even when it's wet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran