Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The only underwhelming jacket, and really I think it actually adds to the effect, is the sort of mall Perfecto worn by "Wally" but I wouldn't be surprised if it was deliberate because the whole idea is a gag complete with him trying to write his name on the jacket like The Wild One. So much so that before the take ended I had about convinced myself that he had a bicycle at the start of the screen rather than a motorcycle.

rr-02981-r.jpg

The Sheriff's wool and fleece Mackinaw is fantastic, as are the flight nylon police jackets.
I love a black leather jacket, t shirt, jeans, pair of boots look more than almost any other look, but yeah when you had the hat, rhe name on the jacket, the specific ringer t shirt, the look becomes atrocious.

But really, it's the stupid hat. Even on Brando I think the hat looked lame.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love a black leather jacket, t shirt, jeans, pair of boots look more than almost any other look, but yeah when you had the hat, rhe name on the jacket, the specific ringer t shirt, the look becomes atrocious.

But really, it's the stupid hat. Even on Brando I think the hat looked lame.

The character is meant to look silly and like a kid in costume, to be clear.

The actual leather-jacket wearing main characters are in cool stuff like this vintage Bates.

twin-peaks-episode-11-recap-bobby-briggs-becky-father-shelly.jpg

…some of us Happen to be a bit egg shaped…
>: •(

Irrelevant, really! The point of tailoring is to give you shape that you don't have (that perhaps no one has!) For example the 'Drape cut' which uses a full chest to give the impression of a V-shaped body on any body shape; most famously associated with a Dutch tailor and his British disciples, but American tailoring at the same time followed the same principle (see 1940s photos) as did workwear hence those leather jackets with seemingly huge chests.

These new Japanese brands have tiny chests and wide bellies, which is a bad look on any body shape.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner