Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
This vintage Belstaff "Black Prince" is owned by my girlfriend. We wish we could know about the adventures that it has undoubtedly taken part in through the years. Anyone have an idea of the year it was manufactured?

IMG_0472.jpg
IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0496.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg
IMG_0498.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
This vintage Belstaff "Black Prince" is owned by my girlfriend. We wish we could know about the adventures that it has undoubtedly taken part in through the years. Anyone have an idea of the year it was manufactured?

View attachment 607307 View attachment 607308 View attachment 607309 View attachment 607310 View attachment 607311

I could be terribly wrong, but my best guess would be early 2000´s.

The Black Prince sub-brand was one of the earlier attempts to add a more juvenile cool-factor to the traditional styles (Roadmaster, Trialmaster and the leather offsprings).
BP would take traditional elements and add special linigs and details. I bought a leather blazer at that time that I wish would still fit me...

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
I could be terribly wrong, but my best guess would be early 2000´s.

The Black Prince sub-brand was one of the earlier attempts to add a more juvenile cool-factor to the traditional styles (Roadmaster, Trialmaster and the leather offsprings).
BP would take traditional elements and add special linigs and details. I bought a leather blazer at that time that I wish would still fit me...
Oh, wow. We were guessing 1980's or something. The special lining really did the trick, because she says that's one of her favorite things about it.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just started watching Twin Peaks season 3 (my first time watching this, though of course I've seen the original run) and the 'bad' version of a certain character shows up wearing what I assume is a fashion brand jacket (though of decent quality) but what was interesting about it is that it has a lot of that 70s hippy leather pocket paneling going on. I don't want to post a picture (despite the thread title) in case there are others like me who are fans of the show but haven't gotten around to the 2017 season yet, but I thought it was interesting because we've seen and discussed cases of fashion brands borrowing things from other vintage we like.

View attachment 607307 View attachment 607308 View attachment 607309 View attachment 607310 View attachment 607311

I'm so glad she gets a jacket of her own. I feared her life consisted of claiming jackets, but from Vikings who refused to surrender them.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yours is very cool, indeed. Anything interesting going on with the lining?

Thank you. Sadly, too small for me now. I guess that’s kind of ok after more than 20 years…

Lining is totally unobstrusive. A yellowish grey cotton-sateen. I got it from the Flagship store just off Regent Street at a time when I was in London MO-THU for six weeks. I thought, I had seen the jacket with a cotton Union-Jack-lining, but the guys were insiting, it never came with one.

Aloysius

He is pondering the recent TSLA price action and competition from BYD.
Honestly the Belstaff looks better than the usual mall Perfectos/cafe racers worn by (usually though not always female) politicians and business execs these days as a misguided "cool" replacement for a suit jacket.

(They pretty much all look ridiculous though.)

jchance

One of the Regulars
They are. Everything on this is bizarrely proportioned. What is this strange jacket?

Agreed. I’ve always found regular sized D pocket to be too large, albeit they are more functional. Instead, I found this Trophy jacket’s pockets to be aesthetically pleasing but likely unfunctional.

I just started watching Twin Peaks season 3 (my first time watching this, though of course I've seen the original run) and the 'bad' version of a certain character shows up wearing what I assume is a fashion brand jacket...

Fantastic looking & fitting jacket. One of my favorite TV leather jackets ever. I watched the series as it was released and back then, you couldn't find any info on it though I could see right away it's something quite high-end, either by some brand or made specifically for the series. Turns out it's by Helmut Lang.

Aloysius

Fantastic looking & fitting jacket. One of my favorite TV leather jackets ever. I watched the series as it was released and back then, you couldn't find any info on it though I could see right away it's something quite high-end, either by some brand or made specifically for the series. Turns out it's by Helmut Lang.

The only underwhelming jacket, and really I think it actually adds to the effect, is the sort of mall Perfecto worn by "Wally" but I wouldn't be surprised if it was deliberate because the whole idea is a gag complete with him trying to write his name on the jacket like The Wild One. So much so that before the take ended I had about convinced myself that he had a bicycle at the start of the screen rather than a motorcycle.

rr-02981-r.jpg

The Sheriff's wool and fleece Mackinaw is fantastic, as are the flight nylon police jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner