Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of my crown jewel Borsalino - new photos added

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Someday someway....

Great lid it already looks like its been your hat for a long time.

Buddy Holly, yes but what about???

StoryPhoto.jpg

MCrenshaw_0205.jpg

Enjoy,

WeeGee

havershaw

Practically Family
ha!
that's one I've never gotten.
I also have some Elvis Costello-style vintage glasses, but I can only afford to have one pair at a time - my lenses are too expensive.

havershaw

Practically Family
Here is my other favorite, also a Borsalino (NOS, at the time - now one of the dirstiest hats I own).
ee0ffc2b.jpg

I'm in upstate NY.
Also one of my favorite suits, for sure. 40s gabardine.
Wearing Aldens because that's what you need to wear if you're going to visit the farm.
This and my new Borsalino are still my two favorites, and I'm still too scared to get this one cleaned because I don't want the front dents redone. there's just something about it.

here are some more photos of that Borsalino:

ee0ff3bd.jpg

ee0ff384.jpg

ee0ff387.jpg

and of course, the coolest, outside Abbey Road:
ee0ff39e.jpg

havershaw

Practically Family
Another reason that particular Borsalino is so special to me is that the doctors let me take in to the C-section when my son was born:
ee0fca6a.jpg

just made me wrap it up.

here's one of my other favorite Borsailnos. It was NOS, actually indentical in every possible detail to the one above, liner, sweat, everything, but a different color:
ee0fca57.jpg

and I also have a grey NOS Borsalino, identical to the other two:
ee0fbda0.jpg

I bought all three of these Borsalinos on eBay, from the guy who suspiciously made you send your MO to Federal Way in WA, then the hat would supposedly be sent from Europe some time after that. Well, I was skeptical, but I got every hat no problem (though it took a while).
This guy has a few Borsalinos still in the Buy It Now section, and the quality of these hats is superb. They all have the same liners and sweats as mine, so I'm assuming they are from the same unused stock. Beatuful hats, and worth every penny.

havershaw

Practically Family
Yeah, apologies about not contacting any FL members while in England. It was a trip conceived on very short notice, and it was pretty much all-business. The photos you see are from the two times I snuck out after soundcheck, and about two hours before I had to be on stage. I have other friends in England, too, and I just knew it would be severely aggravating to try to schedule a bunch of meetings when I had so little time.
Next time, gents!

havershaw

Practically Family
Whatever you say, pal. I'm not giving you the hat, OK?
No, that's really cool. Is that store still in business?

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Inneresting: I think I have *precisely* that same Borsalino (the second, dirty one), in stone grey -- from the guys in Bulgaria. Does it have no liner, and a sticker in top saying "Trionfo"?

And, coincidentally, I just put the same bash into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara