Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of my Henry the Hatter vintage grey Fedora...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This hat is gorgeous guys. You feel the quality of the beaver as soon as you touch it. Silky and tight, that just begs to be moulded to your character. This little baby hasn't been touched in its life, straight off the shelf like it was yesterday. I understand it came from an elderly gentleman's estate after he passed on to greener pastures. It has never been worn. It is a size 7 (*US), and I had a stretched at my tailors to just touching 7 1/8.

But, there's a BUT coming here...! I'm just not sure if it's "me" first of all. Secondly, I still think it's a bit tight on me, and would be better for someone with either a size 7 head or "just" over.

It's niggling me, and I'm sure most of us have been there before, where you are annoyed because it is such a lovely, virgin, quality, custom made hat, but the fit just isn't right.

Also, I know a number of you out there have advised, "Paddy, you'd look better with a wider brim, try it!" so, I think I'll have to just keep an eye out for a 30's/ early 40's wide brimmed.

Have a look at the pics anyway, thought it looked abit "Last Man Standing" or "The Untouchables," hence the pics of both in that section!! lol.

If, after a while I am not happy with it, I'll sell it to a better, more appropriate shaped head, and you'll get it for a song if it's a good home!

When you CLICK on the Yahoo photo gallery, it's just under HENRY THE HATTER (can't miss it!).

Any feedback welcome, but I am still on the lookout for a good, decent priced charcoal grey Fedora from an early period. As you'll see from this one, I just hand bashed it for the pics and now it's back to it's DERBY, pre-shaped shape.

http://photos.yahoo.com/paddy_middleton2002

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Paddy,

That hat looks like a quality hat, and I like the styling! Too bad it's a little too tight on you. A wider brim would look good on you, but one thing you might try with that hat is to lower the front of the crown a bit to get better proportioning. How wide is that brim? Looks like maybe 2-1/8" give or take an 1/8 inch.

Brad

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks for the tip Brad...

I'll give that a shot Brad, but my gut tells me that it is going to be too tight, so someone on the forum is likely to get a brand new vintage hat at some point.

I like your name Brad, my Uncle Joe's nickname in the RAF was BRAD, as his surname was Bradley! a relic he carried on from WW2.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Nice looking hat there Paddy. Too bad it's too small for you. Perhaps you could sell it in the classifieds, and work on getting another one like it in your size?

Gershomite

New in Town
(sings) "Nice hat, oh by the way my noggin is size 7..."

Seriously, it is a good looking hat. Is there no way that you may have it sized up a bit? I won a Cavanagh from eBay that was sized up from 6 7/8 to just a tad over 7 and it worked out great. Great pics by the way.

:)

Gersh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner