Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pin-up prints.

Marty M.

Vendor
Hi loungers,
I'm looking to buy 8x10 old style pin-ups. I want to frame and hang them in my mens store. My needs are as follows: the prints have to be 8x10 size. They cant be fully nude. And they have to harken back to the old styles of pin-ups (no Pam Andersons please). They also have to be classy. The only name I know of is Vargas. I'm looking to buy about 20 to 25 pictures.
Can anyone educate me on the different artiss and where I might be able to buy them. Thanks.

Marty

varga49

One of the Regulars
Ive seen several

Marty M. said:
Hi loungers,
I'm looking to buy 8x10 old style pin-ups. I want to frame and hang them in my mens store. My needs are as follows: the prints have to be 8x10 size. They cant be fully nude. And they have to harken back to the old styles of pin-ups (no Pam Andersons please). They also have to be classy. The only name I know of is Vargas. I'm looking to buy about 20 to 25 pictures.
Can anyone educate me on the different artiss and where I might be able to buy them. Thanks.

Marty
here in the many antique malls. I'll see what the general costs are if you'd like! DV

hotrod54chevy

New in Town
Elvgrin and other pinup artists have calendars out.i'm sure you could buy a calendar or something similar and either cut the pictures out or go to Kinkos...just a suggestion
frank

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Antique Stores will have alot of calenders that have been cut up to make pictures (personally hate it) or you can float around some news groups looking for large pictures you can reduce to print at decent quality.......check out these sites for a good roster of styles you like
www.thepinupfiles.com/
www.greatamericanpinup.com
or google pinup you'll find alot

most of the images unless you are able to find vintage are going to be scans and reprints and quality is ussually a crap shoot......you can aso find plenty of new artist mimicing the style or photographers doing the same.........

maintcoder

A-List Customer
hotrod54chevy said:
Elvgrin and other pinup artists have calendars out.i'm sure you could buy a calendar or something similar and either cut the pictures out or go to Kinkos...just a suggestion
frank

Yep, I received an Elvgren pinup calendar for Christmas from my girlfriend, so they are out there.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
The original pin-ups

Old Esquires and True Magazines had pin-ups that men used to, well, pin up.
I have a True magazine from June, 1946 that has a George Petty pin-up that is about 11 by 15 inches. E-bay seems to be the answer for getting just about anything!

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran