Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plaid Wool Mackinaws

mike

Call Me a Cab
BellyTank said:
And the shirt, Mike..?
Stifel indigo print repro?
Do tell...

B
T

THAT my friend is an e-workers shirt from a few months ago. It's thee coolest.
ow1-1.jpg

18548_1353525403216_1383853817_992884_7605355_n.jpg

Which looks mighty similar to this...
18548_1353523963180_1383853817_992883_7279700_n.jpg

So you see, I've got an original theatrical poster for one of Lon Chaney's last films, which happens to be lost, and slowly putting together his original outfit (in mainly repro form) Neat, huh?! :D Plus! The railroad coat is one similar to what he wore in the film.
l_9b5c4c281cbf74cdd401bbdd750996cd.jpg

Creeping Past

One Too Many
mike said:
Killer-goriller! What would those norfolk-like straps be called that come down on the front chest?

They are the straps that none dare name. Look like they're hiding pockets, as per the proper Norfolk jacket.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
Yes- adding substance and form to the jacket and hiding, vertical "slit" pockets, for gloves, or perhaps hands.

Yes, I reckon.

Is the Norfolk jacket a crossover garment? A transatlantic agglomeration of function and style?

Norfolk, England or one of the many Norfolks in North America?

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
No,no,no! They once were called pleats and you two need to come back to revive the Norfolk jacket thread. This one for is Mackinaws (and Canadiennes).
And when is anyone finally gonna get one of these River Junction coats?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Creeping Past said:
Yes, I reckon.

Is the Norfolk jacket a crossover garment? A transatlantic agglomeration of function and style?

Norfolk, England or one of the many Norfolks in North America?

It crossed over to America and was regurgitated as the Norfolk we know today. IOW, what we know of as a Norfolk, today does have some American influenzas. I believe. Read that PDF...

http://www.oldmagazinearticles.com/p...et-article.pdf

B
T

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
mike said:

So you see, I've got an original theatrical poster for one of Lon Chaney's last films, which happens to be lost, and slowly putting together his original outfit (in mainly repro form) Neat, huh?! :D Plus! The railroad coat is one similar to what he wore in the film.

So, you've got any clues on the overalls and chore coat? Two back pockets, square watch pocket. Chinstrap and non-flapped breast pockets on the coat. I was looking at some repros today, but no cigar so far.

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
Grumpy's outfit

I'm guessing something Stifel, like the shirt...kinda makes sense.
Pockets shapes match, two back pockets, chinstrap:
3.jpg
img001.jpg

Picture%2B24.png
2.jpg

Maybe sometime K.T.& T. might reproduce. Their latest stuff doesn't look so hot.

Another Grumpy dress-a-like:
2179181652_811d5188b7_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff