Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help ID Western boots

andyone

A-List Customer
My father-in-law wants to sell his Cowboy boots. But he has no idea what he can get for these boots so I told him I will try to gather some information. I would be thankful if someone could tell me more about this boots and how much he could possibly get for it.

The first pair is from the Brand "Pistolero", it's made from Crocodile Skin. Inside is a code written I 264.

72E91005-4737-4168-8111-29D96C150985.jpeg
98B45110-20D2-44A9-B3E2-B248B2FDAB8A.jpeg
04897B00-3730-474A-BF2C-3C69FCC16416.jpeg
2EA54316-DC0B-4E83-9A0E-EA8F3A495472.jpeg

The second pair is made from Snake leather. There is no makers mark - just on the sole is written Novus.

0F22AB5E-E0B0-4692-9AA4-4CA24902B15F.jpeg
8A11C29A-EDAA-4EB0-9620-4BEBF0F816C9.jpeg

Probably more cowboy boots are produced in Leon, Mexico than anywhere else on the planet. You know what the first pair are and where they were made. The most common croc skin used is Nile and those boots are made from the tail section. Judging by the sole pegging and other details, they appear well made.

The snakeskin boots are likely python and made in Mexico as well. I can't say that for certain but they 'just' have a look I associate with a Mexican made boot. Also, look closely at the quarter turn of the heel counter where it meets the side seam. There's a patch because there wasn't quite enough material to make it to the seam. Uncommon but not unheard of. You wouldn't likely see that in a US made boot that wasn't marked irregular. Those boots need conditioning.

Having said all of that, depending on size, I think $100 for the pair is a reach. They're both very common and I did a quick comp look on the bay before the post. New, Mexican made boots with similar skins can be had in the $100 range. Probably not as well made as your FIL's but most people don't care.

andyone

A-List Customer
Probably more cowboy boots are produced in Leon, Mexico than anywhere else on the planet. You know what the first pair are and where they were made. The most common croc skin used is Nile and those boots are made from the tail section. Judging by the sole pegging and other details, they appear well made.

The snakeskin boots are likely python and made in Mexico as well. I can't say that for certain but they 'just' have a look I associate with a Mexican made boot. Also, look closely at the quarter turn of the heel counter where it meets the side seam. There's a patch because there wasn't quite enough material to make it to the seam. Uncommon but not unheard of. You wouldn't likely see that in a US made boot that wasn't marked irregular. Those boots need conditioning.

Having said all of that, depending on size, I think $100 for the pair is a reach. They're both very common and I did a quick comp look on the bay before the post. New, Mexican made boots with similar skins can be had in the $100 range. Probably not as well made as your FIL's but most people don't care.
Thank you very much for your information!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany