Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please judge fit of my new A2

Richard Pryor

New in Town
Sorry for the crappy pics. I will take better later tonight. I think it's huge, but I have no knowledge whatsoever. Please be as honest as you can. I won't get insulted.

20121120_144941.jpg

20121120_144935.jpg

20121120_144952.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I hate to follow a question with another question, but how does it feel to you when wearing it? I am curious: who is the manufacturer, what size is the jacket, and what is the hide? What size jacket do you normally wear?

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
R.P. - Look at these photos. Do you like the look? If you do than it fits PERFECTLY! Believe me, nobody is going to fault you for your choice of jacket and it's fit. If we were on a mission together, I'd say "great jacket, my friend!" and never give another thought to the subject. (You look 'maavelous'!) -dixon cannon

kampkatz

Practically Family
If you like roomy, it looks to be fine without being overly baggy. Being able to wear a sweater underneath can be appreciated when the temps drop below comfortable. Enjoy the jacket.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Since you asked...I think it is at least one size too big in the body, if not two sizes. Sleeves look fine, so I assume you are tall and thin. It looks especially large through the mid-section.

Richard Pryor

New in Town
Thanks for the honesty guys. I also think it's too big.

The jacket is from RRL. It is made from cowhide.

It's probably more expensive than what you guys usually pay for your jackets, but they just had a private sale event and only a lucky few were able to get the jacket with the huge discount. I ended up paying $800 and the jacket retails for $1,600. They were calling it the "must buy" of the private sale in another forum.

It's an XL, but I can exchange it for the L if I'd like. But first I would like to know your opinion on the jacker per se. I'm a huge fan of the RRL line, as they concentrate on vintage stuff.

What do you guys think? Not worth the money? Here are some better pics. Not mine, though.

A201.jpg

A202.jpg

A203.jpg

A204.jpg

A205.jpg

A206.jpg

RP

Metatron

One Too Many
Ralph Lauren. They make some nice repros, but because it's an A2 which is such a popular design to reproduce- I'd say that you can do better for the money, and you have many options. Aero and Bill Kelso to name a couple.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Ralph Lauren. They make some nice repros, but because it's an A2 which is such a popular design to reproduce- I'd say that you can do better for the money, and you have many options. Aero and Bill Kelso to name a couple.

For 8 beans you could get a custom jacket from first or second tier manufacturers. Put it on the bay and try again.

Worf

Richard Pryor

New in Town
Yes, RRL is a line from Ralph Lauren who specializes in vintage clothing.

"With roots in workwear and military-inspired apparel, RRL is dedicated to time-honored details that capture an authentic American spirit with a focus on integrity, character and timeworn charm."

Word is RRL is a labor of love for Mr. Ralph Lauren, who apparently makes little to no profit from this particular project.

They make nice jeans (good denim + made in USA) & sweaters, but the retail price is prohibitive. You need to wait to the annual private sale to get 50% off.

I just checked the store, and they have a L available. I bought this for $800, but it is now $719. Should I pull the trigger? Or still too much money?

Richard Pryor

New in Town
For 8 beans you could get a custom jacket from first or second tier manufacturers. Put it on the bay and try again.

Worf

They have a great exchange policy. They even pay for the return shipping, so this will be headed back tomorrow. No harm no foul.

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
I really like the RRL A-2s and think their vintage distressing is fairly authentic looking. They do appear on ebay constantly for $500-$600 brand new, so if I were you I'd return this one and buy a large on ebay. Just my 2cents. [huh]________________________________________________________________________
Tom

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Yes, RRL is a line from Ralph Lauren who specializes in vintage clothing.

"With roots in workwear and military-inspired apparel, RRL is dedicated to time-honored details that capture an authentic American spirit with a focus on integrity, character and timeworn charm."

Word is RRL is a labor of love for Mr. Ralph Lauren, who apparently makes little to no profit from this particular project.

They make nice jeans (good denim + made in USA) & sweaters, but the retail price is prohibitive. You need to wait to the annual private sale to get 50% off.

I just checked the store, and they have a L available. I bought this for $800, but it is now $719. Should I pull the trigger? Or still too much money?

I have seen this jacket in John Lewis and quite like it. The jackets are very well made as you would expect, not quite a mall jacket. but, I would think this is not made for the militaria enthusiast, more the type of person that wants an A2 that is immediately wearable so no break in, and has an instantly recognisable name, of course there is a price tag to go with the name but if you want Ralph then be prepared as the scouts say. Who cares about contracts and genuine WWII zips if you drive a Ferrari Red head.
Last year I looked at a Ralph lauren 'P' coat, that was what was on the label. It was a superb jacket but in blue lumber patten, exceptionally thick and warm, this was a London West end store(John Lewis again I think) price £1,600. I saw the same coat advertised on the Bay in the USA with shipping for around $750.
I had heard at one time Ralph's denim was made by Levis Strauss but with Mr Lauren's name on them?????
Seeya'll, John

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
RL jackets are a high end (pricey) mall brand aren't they? I have a nice cord blazer by them. It's good quality, even if it's made in China. This A2 style jacket does little for me and the size you're wearing looks too big. I looked like that when I wore my Dad's jacket at 17. Get a size or two down - unless you covet the 1980's retro over-sized look. Then enjoy. If A2's turn you on, you can get a much nicer one for a lot less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff