Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please look here!!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Well.. I have thought about making a paper on how fashion, art and architecture changed under/after WW2.. but I have to be able to prove that it was affected by the art and thoughts of modernism.. How do I do that?`
Pleaaaaaase help...I have to write my teacher back in 36 hours. (On wether I am taking that subject.)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Tinsel, I am not a professor on this, but I think it will be pretty difficult to prove and even find links. As far as I know modernism was long before WWII. !920s and 30s
So the war has nothing to do there.
I am however sure that you can find lots of examples on how modernism changed architecture, fashion etc.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
There was a Modernism show in Los Angeles this past weekend. Perhaps contact them or the exhibitors and explain the subject you want to write the paper on.
I am sure they will be friendly (or so I hope) and might be able to help. http://www.lamodernism.com/

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Spitfire said:
Tinsel, I am not a professor on this, but I think it will be pretty difficult to prove and even find links. As far as I know modernism was long before WWII. !920s and 30s
So the war has nothing to do there.
I am however sure that you can find lots of examples on how modernism changed architecture, fashion etc.
Archticture I know (Bauhaus)...but how did it change fashion?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Tinseltown, you would have an easier time writing an essay on how political movements of the first half of the 20th century affected architecture design and fashion. You could then touch on how Communist and Bolshevik thought influenced Russian Constructivism and its designs for clothing, building and design. You could also discuss how totalitarian regimes appropriated classical and neo-classical art and architecture to create a "mythology" for themselves.

I only mention this as I wrote an essay on this in my first year of my masters. If you are short on time you will have less difficulty making these connections than your proposed ones which will require a fair bit more research.

HTH,

Smithy.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
M?•ske skulle du g?• p?• biblioteket og lede efter b??ger om bekl?¶dningens historie af Broby Johansen - den gamle kommunist:)
- Kl?¶dedragtens historie
- Kl?¶der skaber folk
Han plejede altid at knytte udvikling til samtiden og kunsten. M?•ske er der noget der...god forn??jelse.
(Sorry - this was in danish. Just as the books mentioned.)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
I've decided on Cubism instead. I find it quite interesting.
I will sneak a couple of lines of fashion history in there I think. ;)
But I won't mention it in my "problemformulering".

Snookie

Practically Family
Hi, I have a book that you might want to look up for your paper, if it's not too late and you haven't seen it already (sorry about my lack of timeliness, I just saw your post!). The book is titled Cubism and Fashion, written by Richard Martin, published by The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1998. It's an awesome book, great photography, and really inspirational.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters