Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please share your best style tip or trick...

kschurch

Vendor
I hate it when my shirt collars become weak and sloppy around the button after a few washings, so I make good use of strapping tape. It tears nicely into little strips that one can put acrcoss the button area and the collar will regain it's original stature. It peels off easily should one wish to loosen their tie.

The tape is clear and very sticky, but leaves no residure on the shirt and can't be seen behind your tie. Also, it has many other great uses, such as a quick fix on a trouser hem.

Hope this is helpful. If anyone else has a nice little trick they've thought of or come across...please share!

Picture057.jpg

Picture055.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
Collar stays. I'm sure most of the crowd here knows about them, but I don't think most of my co-workers do.

I've got a nice set of metal ones that will likely last the rest of my life.

Daniel

Familiar Face
I second the collar stays. Brass works a lot better than plastic, and should last forever.

A hand-held steamer is also useful for crumpled ties, wrinkles that won't come out, etc.

I've often moved cuff buttons on off-the-rack shirts so they stay up on my wrists.

That's about all I can think of for the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart