Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plus Size models

Kishtu

Practically Family
Lareine, I think that's my point - they're two ends of a spectrum that is criticised very heavily - and, I think, quite venomously, in the media - for being "fat".

In your view, Nigella Lawson has a voluptuous, healthy body. (I'm glad you said that - I'm the same shape :D) According to the Daily Mail, she has a "size 18 ... bulk".

But if either (both) of them are happy in their skin, why can't we let 'em be happy - regardless of whether we consider them to be overweight or not?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lareine, I think that's my point - they're two ends of a spectrum that is criticised very heavily - and, I think, quite venomously, in the media - for being "fat".

In your view, Nigella Lawson has a voluptuous, healthy body. (I'm glad you said that - I'm the same shape :D) According to the Daily Mail, she has a "size 18 ... bulk".

But if either (both) of them are happy in their skin, why can't we let 'em be happy - regardless of whether we consider them to be overweight or not?

I just love the way men never have to face the same scrutiny......

Kishtu

Practically Family
Oh, I don't know, Miss Golightly... I think we may be achieving equality in that department... have you read the Daily Mail online recently?
:eeek:

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Oh, I don't know, Miss Golightly... I think we may be achieving equality in that department... have you read the Daily Mail online recently?
:eeek:

I try to avoid the Daily Fail whenever possible! It's such an sexist rag - either someone (female) is "piling on the pounds", "wasting away", losing her "post baby weight" or showing off "her burgeoning belly (bleurgh!)" - the same putrid phrases churned out on a daily basis about women. If they are commenting on a man's weight it's more like "he's letting himself go" or something less acerbic. What's worse is that it's not just the Daily Fail - it's Heat magazine, Grazia, Closer - all these rags do nothing except berate women for not being perfect and what gets me is that its women who are buying these magazines and therefore giving this a voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou