Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Holster

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
In the light of the huge annual US toll and recent events in Florida, I found the phrase "I am carrying a Sig P938, a miniature9mm in 1911 Colt format. I carry it with round chambered cocked and locked in a pocket holster" to be sad, insensitive and not belonging in a clothes forum. Are guns fashion accessories?

Huge annual US toll? I think you have been reading too much media and not looking at the facts. Although this is not the place for it I would be happy to go through them with you. Outside of some major cities that are mostly “gun free zones” the US is statistically very safe. Plus we are for the most part free from the democide that seems to afflict almost every European country at one time or another from Russia to Germany to England

Leither

One of the Regulars
My bad. Clearly always having a chambered bullet when going anywhere is a joyful and stylish thing to be celebrated; the pinnacle of human aspiration. Whatever was I thinking? I feel really silly now.

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
Sarcasm? The last refuge of a scoundrel

The fastest growing demographic of concealed carry holders in the US are women and yes I know a few women, former rape victims, that now carry and wish they had before. Are you going to tell a women who has been raped she can’t take steps to defend herself? Or reply sarcastically to her?

Do I wish we lived in a utopia where violent people didn’t exist and crime didn’t exist? Sure. But I live in the real world.

I carry a gun daily as a tool for self protection and like just about everyone that carries I pray I never need to use it. Concealed carry holders are some of the most law abiding people, statistically, in the country. The simple facts are where people are allowed to carry violent crime, including murder, goes down.

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
Of course not merely observing sarcasm is the refuge of one.

Before posting anything about firearms here I verified, via prior threads such as “show us your guns” that firearms were a valid topic for discussion. My main topic in this thread is a reproduction holster of an original dating to the 1920’s used to carry a firearm made in the 1920’s all well within the scope of this board. You chose to introduce an unrelated topic via obscure and cryptic posts and used sarcasm in your replies when I very kindly offered to take the discussion offline where it wouldn’t distract from the topic at hand. Honestly, as an observation, I found your comments uninformed and exhibiting personal bias so for the most part I simply discounted them.

Cocker

Practically Family
In the light of the huge annual US toll and recent events in Florida, I found the phrase "I am carrying a Sig P938, a miniature9mm in 1911 Colt format. I carry it with round chambered cocked and locked in a pocket holster" to be sad, insensitive and not belonging in a clothes forum. Are guns fashion accessories?

Gun holsters can be, in particular handmade leather ones. And you can't talk about gun holsters without talking about guns. Seen the pieces presented here, they totally have their place in a vintage lifestyle forum!

Moreover, this is a US based forum, where the gun culture is way much more important than in Europe, for good or for bad. If you don't like it, try to respect it and not throw your passive agressive comments around.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Greetings DD and all “Pocket Holster” thread “SUPPORTERS”:
DD, super great Lil Holster. Prob a lot safer with that little guy. I love those little guns. Have every since i’ve seen them. They make so many diff styles. Like little jewels. Even have integrated laser sight grips. Too cool!! Just need a boot clip design now DD.
Just sayin...
Thanks
Be well. Bowen
Thank you Bowen, a boot clip, what a great idea!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jaxenro makes good sense..

We did go through something similar for a short while at the start of the 'Show us your guns' thread. A few members went nuts starting with sly insults at that mention of guns and quickly attempted to trash the thread with their outrage. Then, of course, finally tried to morph that gun discussion and photo display into a debate about the awful atrociousness of ever possessing such a thing ever for any reason. If I remember correctly..finally a moderator stepped in to inform everyone that that gun thread was acceptable especially since guns have been a part of our history and very much so during the golden era.

Now we could change this thread from pocket holsters to a back and forth about unarmed victims always at the mercy of those who would intimidate or threaten the helpless with a gun or the reverse argument that no one should have access to a gun as if those intent on criminally using one would suddenly lay it down to obey that law.

That's the discussion that Leither seems to want to have here instead of about holsters and can't seem to understand how he is 'in any way' causing any objection..and if he is..Well that's just too bad.
HD

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
BTW “cocked and locked” is simply how a 1911 style gun should be carried, how it was designed to be carried 107 years ago, and has been for 107 years. To the uninformed it might sound threatening but no more so than a PPK with a round in the chamber and the safety on.

A decision to carry a firearm isn’t something any of us entered into lightly. I have read the federalist papers and studied the debates on the constitution. I have also looked at the estimated 80 million citizens killed by their own governments in the 20th century in Europe alone, plus issues such as the Irish famine of the 1840’s where the Irish exported massive amounts of food to England while over 1 million irish starved to death or the Bengal famine of 1943 where over 2 million British citizens died due to government policy. Governments fear an armed population and tyrannical governments more so.

Plus I honestly believe in an individuals right to self protection. That others may chose to cede that right to the hope that a government, that has no personal stake in the matter, will do it for them in no manner abrogated my individual right to self defense.

More than anything Florida represents a failure of law enforcement to use existing laws to remove the right to own guns from an identified threat, identified not once but multiple times, for political reasons. The county made a political decision not to arrest students, even violent law breaking ones, as they then received more money for the number of student arrests declining. Yet an arrest record would have prevented him from obtaining a firearm.

Similar to how the police in Rotherham refused to protect the girls in their town due to political correctness. I bet many of them wish they could have been carrying

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
Careful..for you are begging for a rebuttal and playing right into the hands of the few who want to make this thread a gun argument in order to hide or camouflage the original topic for something more to their interest. Guess I was too in a way.

Threads evolve. I don’t mind a discussion on gun rights as long as emotions are kept out of it. Sorry but “Sad” is not an a debate point or a reasoned position but a resort to raw emotion over reason. Making serious political decisions on the basis of raw emotion is childish

Well if we allow this to evolve into the gun argument it's almost certain that emotions will flare up. Look what has slightly happened already. Going by the beginning of the 'show us your guns ' thread a few years ago, I don't think FL management is keen on this debate as it can easily get political and heated. IMO..I think we should avoid it. No one's mind is going to change therefore that argument is useless..or just wasted opinion.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner