Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polyester Ties

TopHatCat

New in Town
I'm always on the look out for some eye-catching ties, but whenever I see the word "polyester" I quickly move on...except this time. Browsing ebay I managed to find a tie I really liked but was annoyed that it was made of poly.

So, having never bought or felt a polyester tie before, I don't actually know what's so bad about them. How flexible are poly ties versus silk? I've always gotten the impression that poly ties were fairly stiff. Do poly ties drape well? Do they wrinkle at the knot like silk?

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
They drape fine, theyre stiff, they dont wrinkle as bad as silk. Actually I think that may possibly be why they were so popular in the 70s. All the menswear from then-- No effort needed! Can we see the tie?

TopHatCat

New in Town
Mr Maltby said:
They drape fine, theyre stiff, they dont wrinkle as bad as silk. Actually I think that may possibly be why they were so popular in the 70s. All the menswear from then-- No effort needed! Can we see the tie?

Mr. Maltby, thank you for your help!

I'd be happy to post the tie but it's a live ebay auction right now...and well, you know how that goes sometimes...

I'll post it up once the auction is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner