Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PORTIS PATH

Thanks 40! I'd like to see more ephemera on the Portis Bros besides magazine ads & matchbook covers, if anyone has anything. Any old catalogs out there?

40Cal

One Too Many
Thanks 40! I'd like to see more ephemera on the Portis Bros besides magazine ads & matchbook covers, if anyone has anything. Any old catalogs out there?
With you on that HJ. LOTS of matchbook covers for some reason. Portis was an excellent hatmaker from the examples I have. It would be nice to know more about them.

Panadora

Practically Family
My first vintage hat were this Portis straw

Portis.jpg

No wonder I didn't show this selfie before!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
+1! Hard to top a Portis for a first class vintage experience. That is a great panama highlighted with the usual Portis super-style'n ribbon (pug) work.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! It may be a slightly older but likely not by much. I'm happy for you. It's such a great hat. Reminds me that mine needs a bit more head time.

thank you sir
I'm wearing this one right now ... I am super impressed with the quality of this hat ...
just fantastic felt on such a very well made hat
quality all around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy