• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Rundquist

Rundquist A-List Customer

My new hat.

This is my ?¢‚Ǩ?ìHavana?¢‚Ǩ? styled Montecristi from Optimo Hats. I got it as part of their annual ?¢‚Ǩ?ìFino Club?¢‚Ǩ? Montecristi acquisitions. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s the finest Montecristi hat that I own and I got it at a great price (especially considering how fine the detailing is). Enjoy

El Zipster likes this.
  2. Rundquist

Rundquist A-List Customer

3. Andykev

Andykev My Mail is Forwarded Here Bartender

Optimo Super Duper Fino Deluxe.

What a work of art! You are no doubt extremely happy!

I spoke to Kevin at Optimo, and confirmed that this year's offerings were BETTER than the prior years for straw Montecristi Super FIno.

The one I got (for a friend) is spectacular, and extremely tight, even, and pure in the weave and color.

Let me explain, I gave up my standing Super Fino order this year so a good friend could buy one. He's delighted.

GREAT HAT, and good choice in ribbon!
  4. I have seen this hat in person. It's the best straw I have seen. It's amazing a human can weave with that amount of density. The burgundy ribbon was just icing on the cake for this great hat.

5. Dalexs

Dalexs Practically Family

AND LOOK! It's a 7 1/2!!!! Me thinks Rundquist better keep a close on on his hat collection come QM time! :D

6. An incredible beauty. You can?Ǭ¥t go wrong with a Montecristi superfine hat.

Like I?Ǭ¥ve said a hundred times...when I talk (or ask) price I get into trouble.
  7. Art Fawcett

Art Fawcett Sponsoring Affiliate

OUTSTANDING Hat!!!!! Well done Mr. R
  8. Nathan Flowers

Nathan Flowers Head Bartender Staff Member

That is probably the best woven hat I have ever seen. That is incredible looking.

9. PrettyBigGuy

PrettyBigGuy A-List Customer

Sorry to disappoint you Dalexs, but wth me around, Rundquist won't have that hat anymore by the time the QM rolls around!;)
  10. Can't wait to see it in person.
  11. Minnesota_Jones

Minnesota_Jones Familiar Face

Beautiful lid there friend! No wonder they can't make many of these, the guy weaving it probably goes blind when he's done! That's a hellava tight weave, dang! Wear it with pride!
  12. fedoraguy

fedoraguy New in Town

SUPER HAT!!!! Whatever the cost, it is well worth it.
  13. Pen Collector

Pen Collector One of the Regulars

Great Hat!

What a great looking hat, and I like the ribbon also.

That hat would go well with anything. I think I like the "Havana" block better than the "Belaire".

What are the deminsions on this hat Adam?
  14. tell me about the ribbon!
  15. Incredible hat.
  16. Man, that's unbelievable! Really nice lid.

Is there a description or pictures anywhere documenting how one weaves straw that finely?

17. Holy shite, that's amazing! Thanks for this.

"It should come as no great surprise that people don't want to weave anymore. The amazing thing is that they ever did it in the first place."* That just about sums it up!

18. From all the stories I hear they started weaving for shade protection...surprise...and the hats had earflaps...similar to the Andean chullo.
  19. STHill

STHill One of the Regulars

Robert, I'm ordering my next one from you with ear flaps. Tell 'em to start weaving.