Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
This just arrived on my doorstep. I bought t from a store on Etsy.

642a789c8404f667ccdce12b3525b1ad.jpg
e8e8fd2e34433ad838a23710312cb4af.jpg
95be2edb4d94a2bfb6391a6ed6f680bd.jpg
a3ae1f6a12bf88a794efc0d623c25fed.jpg
2f86860d0372d59c91f0ffb025341df5.jpg

No size tag or reorder tags to make dating easier. Nice felt, looks like a Mode edge. A bit stiff, but the sweat is nice and soft. It has a sweat barrier under the leather, a thin, not crinkly plastic liner tip cover. 1 7/8" brim. I like the extra touch of the ribbon in the sweatband.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Hi ya Ibgradwell ,nice to meet you.
This is my first dealing with him but as I posted eariler ,he took my offer of a less amount than what the hat was listed for and the hat box is included !
I hear ya he seems like a stand up guy , even told me when he would ship ( tomorrow afternoon ,that being this afternon ) like you stated quick shipment .
I like Dobbs hats so when I saw that one that was retailed at something like $197.00 I think then as his names states " half priced paulie " it was $57.00 and I asked him if he would take $45.00 and he agreed it was like getting the shipping for free.
I strongly suggest that the Forum members check him out .
Thanks for the comments and nice to meet friend !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Tinben

New in Town
moehawk: I absolutely love that hat. I am planning on gettint one in tawny from JJ's in next couple of months. Don't know for sure if its the same model but very similar. I can't find much on the secondary market because I wear a large.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY Tinben. Not sure what line Stetson makes now that is comparable to the Twenty Five line of yesteryear. Don't give up on the secondary market just yet, unless you are 7 3/4 or bigger, that is. I occasionally see ones in 7 1/2 - 7 5/8.
Also, won't find anything new with a felted edge.
Good luck and happy hunting.

skydog757

A-List Customer
Hi ya Ibgradwell ,nice to meet you.
This is my first dealing with him but as I posted eariler ,he took my offer of a less amount than what the hat was listed for and the hat box is included !
I hear ya he seems like a stand up guy , even told me when he would ship ( tomorrow afternoon ,that being this afternon ) like you stated quick shipment .
I like Dobbs hats so when I saw that one that was retailed at something like $197.00 I think then as his names states " half priced paulie " it was $57.00 and I asked him if he would take $45.00 and he agreed it was like getting the shipping for free.
I strongly suggest that the Forum members check him out .
Thanks for the comments and nice to meet friend !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

I've had multiple dealings with Half Price Paulie and he has always been honest, straightforward and willing to work with me; especially on multiple purchases. He has great prices on quality merchandise.
My wife hates him.

A furry Frenchie... no internal marks or tags. A longhair, not velour, relatively firm and generally lacking the refinement of its Italian/German/Austrian brothers. Was advertised as 20s-30s but could just as easily be 1950s. 5 1/2 crown - quite straight, 2 1/4' brim, 1" ribbon, 2 1/8" sweatband.

Fantastic! It has a really great form!

Knox Young New Yorkers - young man's Vagabond style. Thanks to Brad Bowers for the advertisement research - 1937-38. Simple depression era hat with very nice felt - weighs 2.5 ounces. 5 1/4" crown, 2 1/8" brim. Very little wear. No manufacturing tags that I could find in a quick look. More after I clean it up a bit.

youngknox1.jpg

youngknox2.jpg

youngknox3.jpg

youngknox4.jpg

youngknox5.jpg

youngknox6.jpg

youngknox7.jpg

youngknox8.jpg

Great find Alan! That's a beauty....... and definitely not 1960's

Actually, the seller did their homework, using the Gimbels-Schusters box as a reference point (Gimbels bought the Schusters chain in the 1960s). I knew it was an older hat but was surprised to receive it and find that it actually came from Gimbels Student Shop. So the box is not far off the mark - just a few decades removed.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well I shouldn't but... it's been a long time.
This box was at my door at lunch time. (the picture was taken after I removed all dispatch stickers and tape since this was not paper wrapped) It's not the original box of what come inside.
20151030browngold01.jpg

This is what's inside.
20151030browngold02.jpg

20151030browngold03.jpg

20151030browngold04.jpg

It had a nice price and according to Resistol Hats (if they are a reliable source) it's not being made for 12 years.
The black version is still sold, the white version is a factory custom order, the brown is not made anymore.
Fits like a glove being a 7 1/4 LO. Think I'll flatten the brim as I don't like this kind of shovel brim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80