Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab

RJR

Yes, I think the ribbon really jazzes up the hat. But Art also reshaped the crown, and re-flanged and cut down the the brim a little, all to good effect. Always trust the maestro.
Certainly demonstrates the benefit of being able to visit with your hatter.

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Certainly demonstrates the benefit of being able to visit with your hatter.
Well, I'd say that it depends on the hatter!

I originally ordered this hat in person when Paul's had a store in Louisville. It was the first custom hat I ever ordered, and, after trying on what they had on the rack, I was measured and placed my order based on the specs that matched the one I liked best. Problem was that what I got back did not much resemble what I thought I had ordered: The felt was long-hair but I thought I was getting standard rabbit; the crown was blocked differently; and the brim was flanged sloppily (and it started to get wavy shortly after I took it home). I probably should have refused the hat when I came to pick it up; but I was too excited about getting my first custom, and I thought that the hatter who made it knew better than I did. Over time, however, I did realized that what I had was not acceptable for a custom, so I took it back to the store for adjustments to be made at least 3 separate times, but to no effect.

But thanks to Art and VS, the story has a happy ending. I don't have any other long-hair hats, so I'm really glad to have this in my collection. And, at least to my mind, Art brought something that was moribund back to life; and he did it a couple of thousand miles away.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Hello to everyone!
Here I'm after a period of transition
I want to thank all those who have expressed their condolences for the death of my father, and even those who will do so in the future.
This is life.

I have many Italian hats to show, I purchased them in this hot and endless summer
It is interesting to see how an historical brand like Panizza, look after the "fashion" in hats during the years
All the hats here are vintage production before they closed the historical factory in Ghiffa (now museum of hats)

Panizza in damped green
2yn4fpw.jpg

Super classic hat with full crown and medium brim
fn7giw.jpg

Felt is really malleable

Panizza Royal Sportsman in black velour
nwfoli.jpg

Luxurious finishes for a fantastic felt
ak75ft.jpg

A sort of Alps hat for dudes

Panizza Royal Sportsman in heather felt
2hqgz8x.jpg

A fantastic felt for a short brim EU classic
2n7l1z8.jpg

Full presentation on Panizza Paparazzi thread

RJR

Hello to everyone!
I want to thank all those who have expressed their condolences for the death of my father, and even those who will do so in the future.
This is life.

I have many Italian hats to show, I purchased them in this hot and endless summer
It is interesting to see how an historical brand like Panizza, look after the "fashion" in hats during the years
All the hats here are vintage production before they closed the historical factory in Ghiffa (now museum of hats)

Panizza in damped green
2yn4fpw.jpg

fn7giw.jpg

Felt is really malleable

nwfoli.jpg

ak75ft.jpg

2hqgz8x.jpg

2n7l1z8.jpg

Nice variety,looking forward to seeing what you have acquired.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hello to everyone!
This is life.

Panizza in damped green
2yn4fpw.jpg

fn7giw.jpg

Felt is really malleable

nwfoli.jpg

ak75ft.jpg

2hqgz8x.jpg

2n7l1z8.jpg

Good to see you back here and my heartfelt condolences on your Fathers passing.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Hello to everyone!
This is life.

Panizza in damped green
2yn4fpw.jpg

fn7giw.jpg

Felt is really malleable

nwfoli.jpg

ak75ft.jpg

2hqgz8x.jpg

2n7l1z8.jpg

Daniele, my condolences on the loss of your father. I lost my father just over a year ago and I have experienced the loss. My prayers for your comfort in this time of loss.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
very sorry for your loss Daniele ... that is never easy

lost mine in '96 ... and it doesn't get easier ... but it gets better when you realize they really are still around in many ways

hold memories close and speak of him regularly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran