Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RomanImperator

One of the Regulars
A few more pics of inside tags under the sweat:
IMG_20170506_163225.jpg

IMG_20170506_163246.jpg

IMG_20170506_163320.jpg

IMG_20170506_163400.jpg

The leather sweatband on this hat is the highest quality I've yet to see

Stetson "The Avenue" bower. Came with a Disney box and two page scan of the previous owners passport. His name is also inscribed in the liner.

Also a dingy Stetson "Select Quality" hat.

View attachment 73996
View attachment 73993 View attachment 73994 View attachment 73995 View attachment 73997

View attachment 73998 View attachment 73999
This is really cool! To have such provenance for a hat is truly special. That "extra" hat is no slouch either. From the same owner?

7May17 Portis New Slant side.jpg
7May17 Portis price tag.jpg
7May17 Portis brim stitching.jpg
7May17 Portis New Slant Liner detail.jpg
I snagged this one on a BIN without hesitation. Portis "The New Slant", tissue weight, very sporty and almost NOS. Not worn much if any. The seller said it was from Granpa's Attic, still in the box. The liner is very 50s Manly-Man styled with graphics of all the activities you should be doing in this hat. Nice and light (4.1 oz) with medium stiffish felt that is very smooth. Special brim stitching. I'll have to pad under the sweat a little, plenty of room as it is a size up from 7 1/4.

40Cal

One Too Many

40Cal

One Too Many
View attachment 74001 View attachment 74002 View attachment 74003 View attachment 74004 I snagged this one on a BIN without hesitation. Portis "The New Slant", tissue weight, very sporty and almost NOS. Not worn much if any. The seller said it was from Granpa's Attic, still in the box. The liner is very 50s Manly-Man styled with graphics of all the activities you should be doing in this hat. Nice and light (4.1 oz) with medium stiffish felt that is very smooth. Special brim stitching. I'll have to pad under the sweat a little, plenty of room as it is a size up from 7 1/4.
That's an amazing hat , Red! Portis made a fine hat.... yours is a great example! Excellent.

Tonio

A-List Customer
This is really cool! To have such provenance for a hat is truly special. That "extra" hat is no slouch either. From the same owner?

Thanks, yes it's great to be able to see who wore the hat! His occupation is listed as a clergyman which is also interesting. I did I quick initial search and his name is listed in a couple of books.

The other hat was not his, found separately.

image.jpeg

Thanks, yes it's great to be able to see who wore the hat! His occupation is listed as a clergyman which is also interesting. I did I quick initial search and his name is listed in a couple of books.

The other hat was not his, found separately.

View attachment 74000
That is so wonderful to have with the derby. The hat is really special also. I wonder if the three (xxx) minor children are around still. They would be in their 90s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy