Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
It really looks good on you, too, mate!
Thank you very much Doug! I am really digging this hat! I've never owned a "Milan" before.
*side note* I also just managed to confirm a trip to the Portland area! I will be in town the weekend of August 18th through Sunday the 20th. Definitely want to try and get together with some of the fellow loungers from the PNW if they are around! Definitely you and @Redfokker if you're around for coffee at the very least.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much Doug! I am really digging this hat! I've never owned a "Milan" before.
*side note* I also just managed to confirm a trip to the Portland area! I will be in town the weekend of August 18th through Sunday the 20th. Definitely want to try and get together with some of the fellow loungers from the PNW if they are around! Definitely you and @Redfokker if you're around for coffee at the very least.
That sounds great!

I'll set aside the weekend. Aren't you going to stay around for the eclipse?

Stetson in Safari crease, real nice, I have another one that looks very similar to this one, but my youngest kid loved it and ask Dad to get it and keep it until it fits him.

The Sweatband was very dry, tried to save it but in the end will have to replace it.

Fitted it with a WWII East Lancashire Regiment Badge.

3X Beaver
I really like this one, but I tend to like Safari hats !
6106d216c13ba1a479b723ac21b3d9cb.jpg
deb9298877fff6810c1d0ba1a5a9b2b8.jpg
55d7dc5f559d4f6dd9758653abccd9e0.jpg
9cd4787076645e0c9178a2fbd35fe80a.jpg
5560956f7168347aac3c1f04e5468ae7.jpg
176f15ed8667060fc6ed0795a6cdfe9a.jpg
7a7b6c7c7919a18b6234a1f26c9e2e59.jpg
08de67f80cea7012a394dbafe7e99332.jpg
f1d51bef9c17f70aa95461300c0c0394.jpg
18aa6023a9581574e0240b0df8a90e71.jpg
bc79f17bc13782e67e99ed9f70158681.jpg
89de77e9270b55ecaa9f9a7e18bcbe2f.jpg
fc5c5d54e971184b9d1352f9a3541cf7.jpg
88ce2c1e09ca5efc8643fb3d24b8b6c1.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Nice! Impressive plumage!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Sounds great! The wife and I were trying to figure that part out. I have until Wednesday the 23rd off so we were still trying to put together a plan for the second part of the trip.
If you need a hotel, get it reserved. Everything near to the longest times for the eclipse (about a minute and 59 seconds) is already booked. My brother and his wife and youngest sun/son are driving up from LA. He wants to stay with me in McMinnville then drive to the Dallas/Monmouth/Independence area to watch the eclipse.... I'm satisfied with a 1 minute window right here in Yamhill county.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Received this in the mail today from lounger FedOregon.

20170726_200714_800x450.jpg

The colors intrigued and frightened me at the same time when I first laid eyes on it in its 'for sale' thread, but the overall dimensions and shape looked perfect for me, and the size promised to be spot-on, so I dove in.

I am pleased to report that the size is indeed spot-on, the proportions are perfect for me, and the colors are refreshingly completely different from the rest of my hats, which are more or less traditional fedora colors. I will wear this tomorrow if the day is warm and dry enough. :)

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 80290

The colors intrigued and frightened me at the same time when I first laid eyes on it in its 'for sale' thread, but the overall dimensions and shape looked perfect for me, and the size promised to be spot-on, so I dove in.

I am pleased to report that the size is indeed spot-on, the proportions are perfect for me, and the colors are refreshingly completely different from the rest of my hats, which are more or less traditional fedora colors. I will wear this tomorrow if the day is warm and dry enough. :)
I'm so glad it fits well and that you like it! You really do look super in that one! I miss it! :)

RJR

View attachment 80290

looks good.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 80290

Isn't that the Stetson Renaissance?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Isn't that the Stetson Renaissance?
No, it was a Cuenca hat body I picked out off a table in a back room at Homero Ortega in Cuenca, Ecuador. I picked the crease and the ribbon/bow color and treatment.

@tropicalbob Do you have a pic of the Stetson Renaissance? I can't find one online.

My wife did the same, and her hat is listed in the classifieds, too. Her picture is actually taken in the office of the Executive assistant to the President of the company.

i-tgXCJPk-M.jpg
i-52zJGnP-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner