Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Borsalino Traveler that I just picked up on eBay.

c491c0e350e271de39198af64cdf02ec.jpg
75c9ce2cc6ced16e1f05934713d0fb2b.jpg
50f96d38ea2bab0709ef96f69b50f44e.jpg
dad5c2dfe2c35c699cebdb70cb2a2975.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably not as exciting as the vintage finds posted here. But I just acquired this Toyo straw hat on clearance from Jos. A Bank. Made in the USA, now on clearance for less than $20 (although it was $7.99 when I made my purchase a few days ago).

Here's the link: http://www.josbank.com/jos-a-bank-toyo-straw-fedora-clearance

And here's my hat. Can't go wrong for the price.

JAB_hat_1.JPG

Thanks for the info. How does it fit? The JoS Banks fit chart states that XL is 7 3/4 and yet this hat comes in XXL so I'm a bit confused. Any help with sizing?

Are you satisfied with the hat? Does it have a leather sweatband or is it cloth? Can you tell me what the brim width is too?

Thanks for the help.

Gamma68

One Too Many
Thanks for the info. How does it fit? The JoS Banks fit chart states that XL is 7 3/4 and yet this hat comes in XXL so I'm a bit confused. Any help with sizing?

Are you satisfied with the hat? Does it have a leather sweatband or is it cloth? Can you tell me what the brim width is too?

Thanks for the help.

I wear a size 7-1/2 so I ordered a size L. I think it fits well. It has a cloth sweatband and the brim is 2-7/16" wide.

For $7.99 and free shipping, I'm very satisfied (I see the price has since risen to $19.97). The original price was $89.50.

A bit off topic, but I have been shy to try a gas bath on my hats. What do you do with the gas once it has been "used"? You must know what you are doing since you were brave enough to dip that beauty in there!

It's a scary undertaking the first couple of times. I've just started to do it and I keep a couple gallons for off-white to Silverbelly another couple gallons for the browns I always seem to acquire. If I were to do black hats I'd probably keep them separate too. Since you will leach out some of th color from darker hats you don't want that color to transfer to light hats. Filter and reuse as long as it is relatively clean. Just use with lots of ventilation and far FAR far superior away from any possible sources of ignition.

This one is a bit of a mystery. The eBay listing for my Adam Homburg also included a couple of pics of this hat, which was being included as a bonus. It looked cheap, wool-ish and uninteresting (not to mention overly grommeted), and I was going to contact the seller and tell him to leave it out but then the disease kicked in (CAN'T RESIST FREE HAT!) and just let it be included.
Well, I was wrong on at least two counts. Not wool, and not uninteresting. It's fur felt, with a band made of leather thats heavily processed so I first thought synthetic. The sweat is cloth, but reeded most likely to give some structure. Only marking is the tag.

61fd5e6a38e6439d70d8e45aa4b022d8.jpg

855cd3a23bb90ba400c0f253ec361c8a.jpg
5a623bc7479e9ef7a309d09c6df0159b.jpg
dfb37e264bc258944d6131b23b940887.jpg
b1a4eb799ddef44cb116270d3ca491e1.jpg
68666d3b00dba53788d3431465e60cd8.jpg
c69c4013fa1c2104453b381523eea810.jpg

Crown is 5", brim is 2 5/8". 110g. The color and construction make me think of a uniform hat of some sort. The size marked M is under 22 inches, so I'm thinking maybe a youngster as in a Scout or Cadet of some type?
Any input in solving this mystery welcomed!