Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Number three. This is quite the hat. Stetson Twenty the Sovereign. Size 7 (56 European). Mode edge brim at 7 cm and crown at 11,5cm at the pinch. The hat certainly has presence. Lovely felt and takes a shape with ease. Reminds me of my Imperial Stetson and I'll have to put them side by side to compare them. Mid fifties is my guess.

stetson twenty_2.jpg
stetson twenty_1.jpg
stetson twenty_3.jpg
stetson twenty_4.jpg
stetson twenty_5.jpg
stetson twenty_6.jpg
stetson twenty_7.jpg
stetson twenty_8.jpg
stetson twenty_9.jpg

Number four (last one). Not the least one it is too. Knox fifteen Tom and Jerry in charcoal grey and lovely chamois finish. Size 7 with an overwelt brim at 6,5cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. Lovely liner and a very unusual ribbon which produces a moiré effect in the light. Almost all my hats have a center dent and side pinches, but this one wanted the crease it's got now. Wonderful hat.

knox tomjerry_02.jpg
knox tomjerry_01.jpg
knox tomjerry_12.jpg
knox tomjerry_03.jpg
knox tomjerry_04.jpg
knox tomjerry_05.jpg
knox tomjerry_06.jpg
knox tomjerry_07.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Redfokker and I have set up our own version of the Oregon Trail. I ship out felt settlers west and he sends the same number American produce eastward to make the trip over to the old world as it were. Don't know where I'm going with this, but the international hat exchange has been succesful once again. Mike posted a few of the European ones recently and to my joy I can add a number of American hats to my collecion. First one. Knox Premier Quality Westlite in grey, size 6 7/8. Bound edge at 7cm and crown at 9,5 cm at the pinch. Mike had Mike Miller replace the ribbon, which was a halfbaked attempt by the seller, and I must say the work is outstanding. Great colour that fits the warmer grey of the hat perfectly and gorgeous bow. Nice windcord with the Knox crest on the button. I'm tempted to say fifties, but I'm really groping in the dark here. being the historian that he is Mike found a nice picture of the orginal retailer too (in part II).

knox-westlite_02-jpg.103553

The second one of the bunch. Mallory Aristocrat Quality. Cravanette processed. Size 6 7/8 (55 European) with an overwelt double stitched edge at 5,8 cm and crown at 11 cm at the pinch. The liner must have had an onionskin covering at one point, because there are little flakes of it falling out of the hat. This one has a backbow. Mallory is one of those American brands that did not make it across the ocean and never turns up in Europe. I do like the look of them so it's great to add one to the collection. Handling it did make me wonder if Mallory could have been the maker of the King Felton hat I posted a while ago (Scandinavian brand, with connections to the US). The felt and general appearance looks very similar.

mallory_02-jpg.103567

Number three. This is quite the hat. Stetson Twenty the Sovereign. Size 7 (56 European). Mode edge brim at 7 cm and crown at 11,5cm at the pinch. The hat certainly has presence. Lovely felt and takes a shape with ease. Reminds me of my Imperial Stetson and I'll have to put them side by side to compare them. Mid fifties is my guess.

stetson-twenty_2-jpg.103590

Number four (last one). Not the least one it is too. Knox fifteen Tom and Jerry in charcoal grey and lovely chamois finish. Size 7 with an overwelt brim at 6,5cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. Lovely liner and a very unusual ribbon which produces a moiré effect in the light. Almost all my hats have a center dent and side pinches, but this one wanted the crease it's got now. Wonderful hat.

knox-tomjerry_02-jpg.103602
First of all, congratulations to Mike, on the other side of the ocean, even in the face of the Pacific and you for the fruitful exchange.
American hats are a rarity here in Europe and two of these catch my attention.
In order of preference:
- Knox Fifteen Tom & Jerry
- Stetson Twenty the Sovereign
The other two are equal, slightly distant
I have accumulated a good deal of European hats to sell or exchange, but my size is very different from Stefan's. I am a 7 1/2 sometimes 7 3/8.
This is a warning to seafarers in the sea of hats.
I have available many Italian hats in all sizes, maybe there is yours too. Ask and I hope you will have satisfaction
Meanwhile, I enjoy the exchange meditating on US hats
Complimenti a Mike e Stefan!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
First of all, congratulations to Mike, on the other side of the ocean, even in the face of the Pacific and you for the fruitful exchange.
American hats are a rarity here in Europe and two of these catch my attention.
In order of preference:
- Knox Fifteen Tom & Jerry
- Stetson Twenty the Sovereign
The other two are equal, slightly distant
I have accumulated a good deal of European hats to sell or exchange, but my size is very different from Stefan's. I am a 7 1/2 sometimes 7 3/8.
This is a warning to seafarers in the sea of hats.
I have available many Italian hats in all sizes, maybe there is yours too. Ask and I hope you will have satisfaction
Meanwhile, I enjoy the exchange meditating on US hats
Complimenti a Mike e Stefan!
Not a seafarer, but a European airfarer. Thanks for your hats Daniele. Ciao [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Follow-up to the tease earlier. This is my new creation from Mike Miller of Northwest Hats in Eugene. Lt Blue Winchester felt in bunny. Mike has a new pouncing mojo for rabbit and it is smooth as a baby's butt. The crown is a Cuenca straw formed to a classic fedora style. But what really gets me revved up is the beautiful shark's gill ribbon work. This hat will have to go back in the box until spring, but the first sunny day...
22Jan18 Lt Blue Duplex crown.jpg
22Jan18 Lt Blue Duplex side.jpg
22Jan18 Lt Blue Duplex gills 550x.jpg
22Jan18 Lt Blue Duplex liner.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Follow-up to the tease earlier. This is my new creation from Mike Miller of Northwest Hats in Eugene. Lt Blue Winchester felt in bunny. Mike has a new pouncing mojo for rabbit and it is smooth as a baby's butt. The crown is a Cuenca straw formed to a classic fedora style. But what really gets me revved up is the beautiful shark's gill ribbon work. This hat will have to go back in the box until spring, but the first sunny day... View attachment 103750 View attachment 103751 View attachment 103752 View attachment 103753
Wow! Beautiful and unique.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Follow-up to the tease earlier. This is my new creation from Mike Miller of Northwest Hats in Eugene. Lt Blue Winchester felt in bunny. Mike has a new pouncing mojo for rabbit and it is smooth as a baby's butt. The crown is a Cuenca straw formed to a classic fedora style. But what really gets me revved up is the beautiful shark's gill ribbon work. This hat will have to go back in the box until spring, but the first sunny day... View attachment 103750 View attachment 103751 View attachment 103752 View attachment 103753

Killer!

Man, what a concept. It looks fabulous. Almost makes me want to hurry summer along

Ken David

One of the Regulars
Incredible. The pouncing is nothing I ever seen from rabbit!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
love it

40Cal

One Too Many
Extremely excited about this haul

I’ll let the video and photos that follow do most of the talking

a couple interesting observations

- the Imperial has the foil size tag

- the Eagle has the earlier 3 block manufacturers tag

Both early 40s hats ... just thought those traits commonly associated with 30s and earlier hats was interesting

I filmed the video before I saw the manufacturer tag on the Eagle that’s why I said I thought the Imperial was earlier ... but after seeing the Eagle tag who knows

Imperial Fifteen
68bc1dba73509fe0040833df128fb495.jpg

7707296a9c89ad963a8f59cd3a57f9d4.jpg

20c970a416b576c95eb34a6356b3495c.jpg

d90779a04252350b58fe3dbd86128abe.jpg

385dcd3b2ec4f867ffe1e4689077e20a.jpg

e4ffb919c15d85a866e491cb5091e9b6.jpg

14416b9f74a9be50d43351d44d202d62.jpg

ca4d0a9e92915cd8f3ed6d66067b5646.jpg

d522a7ffb1d7d3d73b29051db63aa8a9.jpg

3ed72f0ca4a34b516bc5d627d10460b6.jpg

9e6188d00ec2569efe08b73da7aa661f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad this hat is in a larger size than I wear. Takes a little of the envy away. Just a little. Congrats on the two new Vitas , Ant! Beautiful hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails