Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Michael Gannon's The Highwayman

I want to get pics in better lighting before posting my new Gannon in Michael's thread. It is really a beautiful hat in natural beaver. But here it is right after arriving today.

This pic actually shows the overall shape best but the natural light was coming in at my back & I was blocking it, causing the exposure to be too gray.
View attachment 105203

So I posed the hat up on top of the cabinet but I was still blocking some of the natural light & getting shadows.
View attachment 105204

View attachment 105205

View attachment 105206

View attachment 105207

View attachment 105208

View attachment 105209

Better pics & more detail to come to the Gannon thread later, perhaps over the weekend.

Congratulations Jack ! I love Natural !

RJR

I want to get pics in better lighting before posting my new Gannon in Michael's thread. It is really a beautiful hat in natural beaver. But here it is right after arriving today.

This pic actually shows the overall shape best but the natural light was coming in at my back & I was blocking it, causing the exposure to be too gray.
View attachment 105203

So I posed the hat up on top of the cabinet but I was still blocking some of the natural light & getting shadows.
View attachment 105204

View attachment 105205

View attachment 105206

View attachment 105207

View attachment 105208

View attachment 105209

Better pics & more detail to come to the Gannon thread later, perhaps over the weekend.
Great looking,HJ,Michael's work just gets better.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 105203

View attachment 105204

View attachment 105205

View attachment 105206

View attachment 105207

View attachment 105208

View attachment 105209

my goodness that thing is gorgeous !!!

View attachment 105203

View attachment 105204

View attachment 105205

View attachment 105206

View attachment 105207

View attachment 105208

View attachment 105209

Beautiful, Jack. It may be the champagne ribbon contrast on mine, but the natural (to me) seems to have some green undertones to me. Nice to see we can still get some mercurial colors like some vintages.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

View attachment 105203

View attachment 105204

View attachment 105205

View attachment 105206
Congratulations Jack, it is a stunner. Great crown height.

View attachment 105207

View attachment 105208

View attachment 105209

Only two new additions this week (these ten hat weeks are quite addictive:D). I don't always post new hats here, but I should.
First one is a hat-swap addition. It's very hard to find decent panamas in this country (not surprising perhaps with our climate) and vintage ones are virtually non-existing. So I am very pleased with this addition to the collection. All I need now is the weather to go with it.
Dunlap panama. Size 7 with the brim at 7cm and the crown 11cm at the pinch. Nice tight weave and very supple straw. There's 1947 written on the sweatband. I'm guessing that's the year of manufacture. My thanks go out to Moehawk for this one.

dunlap_02.jpg
dunlap_01.jpg
dunlap_03.jpg
dunlap_04.jpg
dunlap_05.jpg
dunlap_06.jpg
dunlap_08.jpg
dunlap_09.jpg
dunlap_11.jpg
dunlap_12.jpg

The second addition is one I just had to have. What can you do? Negretti bowler. Negretti is a sheep-variety of the distant past, so a woolfelt. Steve (Mayserwegener) has one too (of course he does). Size 57 with the brim at 5cm and the crown at 12 cm. I comment now and again that I would buy a hat for the liner alone, but I rarely do. This is one of those cases though. It's colour purple makes me wonder if this might have been the pope's leisure hat. When it arrived there was so little life in it left that for a moment I thought it was a homburg. Steam brought it back, but it's not nearly as stiff as other bowlers I have. Interesting is the designation "Real Russia" on the sweatband. I suppose this refers to the leather that was used, but I'm not sure. There's a tiny hole in the front brim and some damage to the brim binding. Very interesting if only for historic reasons. Very old, but I'm not certain which decade exactly. No label inside the hat unfortunately.

negretti_02.jpg
negretti_01.jpg
negretti_03.jpg
negretti_04.jpg
negretti_05.jpg
negretti_06.jpg
negretti_07.jpg
negretti_08.jpg
negretti_09.jpg
negretti_10.jpg

Tonio

A-List Customer
The second addition is one I just had to have. What can you do? Negretti bowler. Negretti is a sheep-variety of the distant past, so a woolfelt. Steve (Mayserwegener) has one too (of course he does). Size 57 with the brim at 5cm and the crown at 12 cm. I comment now and again that I would buy a hat for the liner alone, but I rarely do. This is one of those cases though. It's colour purple makes me wonder if this might have been the pope's leisure hat. When it arrived there was so little life in it left that for a moment I thought it was a homburg. Steam brought it back, but it's not nearly as stiff as other bowlers I have. Interesting is the designation "Real Russia" on the sweatband. I suppose this refers to the leather that was used, but I'm not sure. There's a tiny hole in the front brim and some damage to the brim binding. Very interesting if only for historic reasons. Very old, but I'm not certain which decade exactly. No label inside the hat unfortunately.

View attachment 105255 View attachment 105256 View attachment 105257 View attachment 105258 View attachment 105259 View attachment 105260 View attachment 105261 View attachment 105262 View attachment 105263 View attachment 105264

Incredible liner for sure! I'm also a fan of the sweatband and the detail with the string running through it.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 105255 View attachment 105256 View attachment 105257 View attachment 105258 View attachment 105259 View attachment 105260 View attachment 105261 View attachment 105262 View attachment 105263 View attachment 105264
That is a very cool piece of history. I like the liner, and the detail work on the leather is nice.
Good to see that the Dunlap got there safe and sound, not to mention quick! Hopefully sunny Spring weather comes soon.

That is a very cool piece of history. I like the liner, and the detail work on the leather is nice.
Good to see that the Dunlap got there safe and sound, not to mention quick! Hopefully sunny Spring weather comes soon.
Thanks, John. The Dunlap will get it day in the sun, but not anytime soon: cold front is moving in as we speak.

Nothing special. The Churchill western came in, hot off the trail of the Urban Cowboy. Felt is nice enough and the sweat sucks. Glued in liner. Gas bath and opened it up. Now to decide what shape to put on it. Paper tag called it a Gila. $42.00. 3 1/4" x 6".
CIMG4301.JPG

Came with this bird attached which I killed straightaway. Sorry, Bob it seemed aggressive.
CIMG4306.JPG

CIMG4305.JPG
CIMG4303.JPG

Only two new additions this week (these ten hat weeks are quite addictive:D). I don't always post new hats here, but I should.
First one is a hat-swap addition. It's very hard to find decent panamas in this country (not surprising perhaps with our climate) and vintage ones are virtually non-existing. So I am very pleased with this addition to the collection. All I need now is the weather to go with it.
Dunlap panama. Size 7 with the brim at 7cm and the crown 11cm at the pinch. Nice tight weave and very supple straw. There's 1947 written on the sweatband. I'm guessing that's the year of manufacture. My thanks go out to Moehawk for this one.

View attachment 105245 View attachment 105246 View attachment 105247 View attachment 105248 View attachment 105249 View attachment 105250 View attachment 105251 View attachment 105252 View attachment 105253 View attachment 105254
That is a beautiful Panama Stefan. John did well with this one. It can be a dress straw for the summer. The one I have for you is more of a work hat. You have a garden? Right?

Very interesting old Bowler. Love that liner, would be hard to pass up. Cool brand name.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Nothing special. The Churchill western came in, hot off the trail of the Urban Cowboy. Felt is nice enough and the sweat sucks. Glued in liner. Gas bath and opened it up. Now to decide what shape to put on it. Paper tag called it a Gila. $42.00. 3 1/4" x 6".
View attachment 105374
Came with this bird attached which I killed straightaway. Sorry, Bob it seemed aggressive.
View attachment 105375
View attachment 105377 View attachment 105378

All that "bird" may have been some poor ol souls thanksgiving turkey....lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails