Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
B9B7C32E-24E1-4ABB-A6F2-24A722FA328B.jpeg
AE03369A-05E4-4940-985C-78CEF745BC4D.jpeg
76D877F2-FC1D-41BA-803D-8233212D2401.jpeg
FB258BA0-EA38-4D32-9099-F5CC64456F8E.jpeg
10C32700-7AEF-43E6-A143-DF5616B99247.jpeg

MAN, Bob!!! The Fedora Lounge is RAISING YOUR standards now! FANTASTIC!!!!
Greetings Bob et al:
Hey Bob i made comment on your hat liner in the other thread because of this hat i’ve never posted. It came without a sweatband. Notice that the liner is still mostly sewn in.
The interesting thing is the “chalk written” numbers, 4-6-34, in date format on the felt still oversewn by the liner. I have never seen this on any hat and wonder if it was written when the hat was built. It is very nice felt i must say.
Have you or anybody ever seen this before? I think your liner is only the 3rd one i’ve seen.
Any more info from others is much welcome.
Be well. Bowen

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Carlton hat, French made during the fifties of forties. I have some explanations, about it, from the son of the last owner of A. Meer hats shop in Strasbourg
5cf1pv.jpg

Size is 61 centimeters or 7 5/8 US. Measuremets are: raw brim at 6.5 cm. and open crown at 14 cm.
2hnyu6a.jpg

Medium brown felt of excellent quality. It is new and never worn.
13zmv4z.jpg

Matching ribbon at 2.5 cm.
7269eh.jpg

It arrived new from a heyday of the hats. I bought the remains of the "A. Meer" hats shop some years ago
rjmoo9.jpg

2ccs7wk.jpg

Finished very well. It was an high end hat

x0xsh2.jpg

He is ready for all holders of suitable heads ;)

Carlton hat, French made during the fifties of forties. I have some explanations, about it, from the son of the last owner of A. Meer hats shop in Strasbourg
5cf1pv.jpg

Size is 61 centimeters or 7 5/8 US. Measuremets are: raw brim at 6.5 cm. and open crown at 14 cm.
2hnyu6a.jpg

13zmv4z.jpg

7269eh.jpg

It arrived new from a heyday of the hats. I bought the remains of the "A. Meer" hats shop some years ago
rjmoo9.jpg

2ccs7wk.jpg

x0xsh2.jpg

Very beautiful and unique hat Daniele. Love the manufacture tag and the liner. Nice details.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
5cf1pv.jpg

2hnyu6a.jpg

13zmv4z.jpg

7269eh.jpg

rjmoo9.jpg

2ccs7wk.jpg

x0xsh2.jpg

Very nice...I like your Avatar Hat also!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
View attachment 108395 View attachment 108396 View attachment 108397 View attachment 108399 View attachment 108400

Greetings Bob et al:
Hey Bob i made comment on your hat liner in the other thread because of this hat i’ve never posted. It came without a sweatband. Notice that the liner is still mostly sewn in.
The interesting thing is the “chalk written” numbers, 4-6-34, in date format on the felt still oversewn by the liner. I have never seen this on any hat and wonder if it was written when the hat was built. It is very nice felt i must say.
Have you or anybody ever seen this before? I think your liner is only the 3rd one i’ve seen.
Any more info from others is much welcome.
Be well. Bowen
Those numbers may be some "Gal's" phone number....(hidden behind the leather for safe keeping..ya never know 0.0) Haha!

Finally had the time this evening to process the images of today's haul. A box from Holland is a vision to behold! Some quick pictures here and then I'll work on getting them into their respective European threads in more detail.

First up: A Borsalino Lobbia in what we believe to be Bismuto. The sweat is in a nice gray as well, albeit a little dry. I'll wait for conditioning before a try at the manufacture tag. As with most Borsalinos, it is a snug fitting 58. Taking it to Mike Miller's for some maintenance on thursday, I'll let him give it a nudge.

27Feb18 Borsalino Homburg side 600x.jpg
27Feb18 Borsalino Homburg liner.jpg
27Feb18 Borsalino Bismuto Sweat logo.jpg
27Feb18 Borsalino Homburg front.jpg

Second is a hat that Stefan showed us a while back, it was too loose on him. Fits me like a custom. This English Lees in a nice navy blue has an upturned brim profile, not Homburgy, more like something our missing Bob would sport. Love the color of the liner. Kind of a bordello look, just my style. In need of a good steaming and some crease work. I am leaning toward a diamond on this one.

27Feb18 Lees Lord's Hat side.jpg
27Feb18 Lees Lord's Hat crown.jpg
27Feb18 Lees Lord's Hat liner.jpg
27Feb18 Lees sweat logo.jpg

27Feb18 Mayser Tan side 2.jpg

Next is a Mayser Milz in a tan with a cool ribbon treatment. I'll have to study Steve's website about Mayser hats, this is my first of this flavor. Really nice felt on this little stingy. Probably a 1960s example. This one is a rather generous 58. I think with some wear it should suck up to my LO Noggin.

mayser milz_10.jpg
mayser milz liner 550x.jpg

And finally, sorry for the multiple posts, it has been quite a day. A sweet Borsalino export quality stingy in Mirtillo. A little snug again, but wow, what felt. Pity the liner tip is in such bad shape, really a great Borsalino crest in there somewhere. It compares nicely with my Cavanagh in hand and look. Probably another early 1960s example. This one will be in the slim brim rotation for sure! Thanks for indulging me this evening.

27Feb18 Borsalino Mirtillo stingy side.jpg
27Feb18 Borsalino Mirtillo stingy liner.jpg
27Feb18 Borsalino Mirtillo stingy sweat logo.jpg
27Feb18 Borsalino Mirtillo stingy sweat Store logo.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails