Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Puerto Fino Tuscany. The brim is just over three inches and the crown has a moderate amount of taper. The felt is dense and firm with a decent hand. My only issue is with the bow/ribbon work which is a bit wonky in its attachment.

0d9ff8fdfe689610205ff41e648aafcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cavanagh derby (bowler). I suspect early to mid 1960s, but that’s just a guess.
9359deca9c38a7f905852e7af963c7c9.jpg

Burton Taylor brown homburg made by Mallory dated 1958.

58a05220db120ae24caf9f49f0790658.jpg

020a49ee1b9e9a42e80993d704c3686e.jpg

Light mothing and missing a liner. The felt is thin and easily shaped. The best part was I bought this with no idea of the size and it turned out to be a 7 1/2. Too small for me, but I’m betting I can find it a home. [emoji4]

Some great new lids Brent. That Derby really stands out. Such a fine example of how Cavanagh was still making great hats even in the early 60s. I think you rock the style. That Brown homburg is a great find. Love having a date printed on the tag. Pity about the size, it would be a real show stopper on suit days. You also tend to amaze me...

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A few years ago, in a cold winter, I visited the shop of the "Cappellificio Cervo" in Sagliano Micca. It was a visit in the past high-class Italian hats production. On the road there is the great writing of the complex of buildings that belonged to Barbisio and after about four hundred meters an example of industrial archeology, Il "Cappellificio Cervo". Mi research at the outlet has been meticulously long to look for some quality hat. Some Barbisio and Cervo of the historical production were there, but they were small sizes and the rest consisted of samples.
315z5sp.jpg

This is my favourite of the bunch. Barbisio old-new stock bought at Barbisio showroom some years ago. Size 59. Fits me well
35i5cvp.jpg

Very soft and malleable felt, finish is a short lovely hair. Color is honey
20r9wlc.jpg

Proportions are: raw brim at 5 cm. crown at 11 cm. ribbon 2 cm.
el6vzs.jpg

Tha hat is completely unlined with a sweatband in the same color of the hat. It was a sample of this excellent felt made for a client and never put in production.
2vjq6iq.jpg

The hats is very confortable and more for a head a tad thin then mine, for this reason is slightly used

7 1/2 you say?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I’ve offered it to someone else. I’m waiting to hear if he’s interested, but if he passes I’ll post it here in the classifieds. The felt is really wonderful and despite coming from the late 1950s it has the qualities of 1940s hats that I like so much. Someone is going to be very happy with this hat.

A few years ago, in a cold winter, I visited the shop of the "Cappellificio Cervo" in Sagliano Micca. It was a visit in the past high-class Italian hats production. On the road there is the great writing of the complex of buildings that belonged to Barbisio and after about four hundred meters an example of industrial archeology, Il "Cappellificio Cervo". Mi research at the outlet has been meticulously long to look for some quality hat. Some Barbisio and Cervo of the historical production were there, but they were small sizes and the rest consisted of samples.
315z5sp.jpg

This is my favourite of the bunch. Barbisio old-new stock bought at Barbisio showroom some years ago. Size 59. Fits me well
35i5cvp.jpg

Very soft and malleable felt, finish is a short lovely hair. Color is honey
20r9wlc.jpg

Proportions are: raw brim at 5 cm. crown at 11 cm. ribbon 2 cm.
el6vzs.jpg

Tha hat is completely unlined with a sweatband in the same color of the hat. It was a sample of this excellent felt made for a client and never put in production.
2vjq6iq.jpg

The hats is very confortable and more for a head a tad thin then mine, for this reason is slightly used
Your search was fruitful after all, Daniele. This is beautiful hat.

The right side bow indicates a woman’s hat. Akubra calls them Bianca hats. In our gender fluid world you can wear whatever you want and if the bow placement makes you uncomfortable it’s an easy alteration to make.

So when I'm wearing one of my back bows, does that mean I'm bi, or just "questioning?"

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn