Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
donCarlos said:
BTW, is "pull something off" wrong? I heard this idiom recently and I´m not sure how to use it.

"Pull it off" is a good thing. It means the same thing as "make it work." You made that homburg work, the way it is supposed to. :)

Feraud said:
A mint condition Resistol.

1243526365.jpg

I am extremely happy with this fedora.

And well you should be!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
There appears to be no wear to the felt, sweat, or liner. The rust colored ribbon is one inch and the brim has a moderate bound edge. I have begun to favor brims within the lower end of the 2-2 1/2" inch range. This one is slightly over 2" and perfect.
The felt is supple enough to easily take a shape. I tend to let the fedora dictate it's style.

That's great news - I almost BIN'd (what a deal!), but this hat helped me draw the line on how far I'll go - too minty to stretch, and too small for my head. It was still very difficult to pass up that price, but glad it worked out well for you.

kiltie

Practically Family
Feraud said:
There appears to be no wear to the felt, sweat, or liner. The rust colored ribbon is one inch and the brim has a moderate bound edge. I have begun to favor brims within the lower end of the 2-2 1/2" inch range. This one is slightly over 2" and perfect.
The felt is supple enough to easily take a shape. I tend to let the fedora dictate it's style.
1243526365.jpg

Holy Ham and Cheese!!! Now THAT'S a nice hat!

kiltie

Practically Family
New ( to me ) Adventurebilt

Finally, a reason to post on this thread again! I was starting to get the DTs when this arrived this morning:

IMG_0390.jpg

I gave it a bit of tweaking with my patented sauce pan/bunt cake shaping machine, and I'm very happy with it.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
tonyb said:
Man, you oughta be happy with that one.

As to the dimensions ... I could be projecting my own changing aesthetic sensibilities here, but I detect an increasing popularity of the tall crown/narrowish brim look. And I'm guessing that the J. Depp movie that'll be coming out in about a month will further fuel that trend.

I think it goes along with the narrower lapel, narrower tie look that's coming around but most of us would rather go with the 1920s/1930s style than the 1960s (unless you're in the younger set). At least that's how it looks to me.

"The Changeling" had a lot of great high crowned/narrow brimmed fedoras.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My natural milan finally showed up from Miller Hats today. The brim needs a little work, and it's stiff as a board. I ordered an extra burgundy pug for it thinking I would get a plain brown one on the hat, but the one that came on the hat looks pretty darn good.

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
My natural milan finally showed up from Miller Hats today. The brim needs a little work, and it's stiff as a board. I ordered an extra burgundy pug for it thinking I would get a plain brown one on the hat, but the one that came on the hat looks pretty darn good.
Looks great Bob!:eusa_clap
Feraud, What a catch!:eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
This Borso just arrived yesterday afternoon. I may send it over to Optimo for a cleaning, but we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I thought I'd share this ribbon treatment, which I think is very cool. I have never seen one quite like it before...

BrownBorso.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice one Jimmy. The ribbon is unusual and, as always, the hat looks like new.

I like that ribbon too, BobC. It lends class to that hat.

Don Carlos & Gallatinman-two nice specimens of class dress hats. I'd wear the homburg some but I understand the out-of-the-ordinary look!

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Another Akubra Federation IV, this time in Carbon. Only one more to post now, my black one but I haven't finished all the pics yet.

This was probably the hardest one to shoot and try and get the true colour of the hat. Carbon can be gray or black or carbon depending on the angle and lighting. I think I got it pretty close especially in the shot where I'm wearing it.

3593518566_47c688b6c3_b.jpg

3592713939_6a22b74247_b.jpg

3593519596_ba24f03e62_b.jpg

And my ever pale and pleasant mug once more...

3593506228_5071eccd97.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael