Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fresh from the bay

Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

really diggin this peach color

Chinaski

One Too Many
Garrett, you have a knack for grabbing good ones.

Bob C, I bid on that green Borsalino (I didn't know it was green either!) and it looks like you've got a real keeper.

The Widest Ribbon I own...

I got this Akubra Squatter a few weeks ago but haven't messed with it. I teardropped the crease & still debating if the ribbon stays. Wearing it to feed the horses in the front pasture this morning..
squatter1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I think that Squatter looks great on you, Deputy. I'd keep the ribbon as is -- gives you a little variety. ;)

How does the crown height seem to you in terms of wearing it? It certainly looks good from here.

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks, Chief.
It is a little lower crown than the Campdrafts & has a fairly wide brim. It fits fine & cool with no liner. I've worn it lately while out at the barn in 90+ degree heat with no issues. Trying to get the sweat stained look that Gene does!
jimmy the lid said:
I think that Squatter looks great on you, Deputy. I'd keep the ribbon as is -- gives you a little variety. ;)

How does the crown height seem to you in terms of wearing it? It certainly looks good from here.

Cheers,
JtL

cookie

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
I got this Akubra Squatter a few weeks ago but haven't messed with it. I teardropped the crease & still debating if the ribbon stays. Wearing it to feed the horses in the front pasture this morning..
squatter1.jpg

That hat had the official Strand Hatters Nathan bash...FWIW;) ;) :eusa_clap :p

The same treatment that has gone into my new Moonstone FEDIV.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:

See, now that's the kind of hat that bridged the period between my western hat wearing and my vintage fedora wearing. I still like those types of hats, leather bands and all. Adventurous looking and still smart.

I'd leave the band but lose the tie. ;) Try that hat with a denim shirt and you've got a winner. :)

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:
I decided what the heck, if I don't like it I'll send it back. So I ordered a Stetson Three Forks Gun Club from Cabella for $70. For $70 it ain't a bad hat at all. The crown could be a little higher, but it's pretty straight. I didn't think I'd like the leather band, but it's not so bad either.

Nice Bob. It looks good as you say and the band isn't bad either. For $70.00, why not?

BobC

HarpPlayerGene said:
I'd leave the band but lose the tie. ;) Try that hat with a denim shirt and you've got a winner. :)

Thanks Gene and Mr. P. It's definitely not a dress hat as you say. The hat arrived just as I was about to leave for work, so I opened the box quickly and tried it on. Hence the tie. I'll lose it.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
It's definitely not a dress hat as you say.

Oh, I don't know about that. With the leather lacing on the hat band, it looks like a backwoods Gay Prince...:eek: Very fashionable around the campfire...:D

On a more serious note -- that hat actually looks pretty darn good on you Bob. If it were me, I'd replace the band (which seems to be your instinct, as well).

Cheers,
JtL

Chinaski

One Too Many
On a more serious note -- that hat actually looks pretty darn good on you Bob. If it were me, I'd replace the band (which seems to be your instinct, as well).

Cheers,
JtL[/QUOTE]

I actually vote for keeping the band as is. I've seen enough pictures you've posted to know you have an assortment of beautiful hats, Bob. I say keep the band and use this hat for your "gentleman's walking hat" while out strolling the fields with your faithful hound.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
squatter1.jpg

So do ya think The Squatter has enough brim to get yer swoop on there, Mr. Deputy, Sir :D? I see that you got it for a lot less than I'm going to pay for a willow green one.

What's the felt - Imperial or Super Fine?

Now about the ribbon. What? It's the wrong color lol?

Nice shack BTW ;).

billyspew

One Too Many
£5 Stetsonian

Picked this Royal Stetson Vita Felt Stetsonian off eBay for £4.99 - didn't know what size it was, but thought it was worth a punt. Turned up yesterday morning and when I flipped the sweatband down their was the tag decreeing that it was a 7 3/8 - so it should fit.

Needs a lot of work, but should be fine.

The ribbon has a real iridescent quality as I've seen in a few of the hats here.

Unlike most of the Stetsonians I've seen this doesn't have binding but has an underwelt

The liner logo actually looks like a Royal De Luxe one except with Vita Felt instead.

I'll post again once I've done some work on it.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Great story, great find. Looks like a similar color scheme to HPGene's Flagship. Looking forward to more photos once you've worked on it.

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay