Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Received this Penney's Marathon today. I altered the color in the picture to bring it closer to the blue that it is. The hat is in very nice shape.
astetson003.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
redhawks2 said:
Received this Penney's Marathon today. I altered the color in the picture to bring it closer to the blue that it is. The hat is in very nice shape.
astetson003.jpg

Gorgeous! Congratulations!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Barton

babs said:
Looks good Spats. Mike did a good job it appears. You need some good rez' pics of that hat. From memory of the auction pic's that ribbon style/color and hat color are outstanding. I know these pics don't do that hat justice.
I finally got around to applying some steam. The brim was a little to flat for my tastes, but I've fixed that. Here it is, post-rehabilitation, and taken with a better camera, but the same old photographer. Unfortunately, I don't have a fancy hat stand like Indycop or Gene, so I had to balance the Barton on an old cocktail shaker.

Man alive, looking at these other posts, I'm going to have to ask Santa for a Marathon. Nice lids!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hats today!

Buler, I especially like the looks of that Pilgrim. Looks like there's some purple in the ribbon. Very nice!

Nice Portis, Sue.

John, the Marathon is very sharp. Don't worry, Optimo will fix you right up. they'll want to replace the sweat, but what the heck if it gives you a serviceable hat.

Tom, that one will make a great fedora. Are you going to try to convert it yourself or send it out?

RH, another nice Marathon.

Spats, I don't know what that one is, but it looks good. I like the pug on that one.

bbshriver

One of the Regulars
Got this Royal Stetson from RoninJedi in the classifieds.
In good shape, though the liner needs some cleaning. Does this look like a "diamond" crease? lopsided though it may be. I think it's the crease I want, though the hat doesn't give me much option, I can open it up to be open crown, but it just goes right to this when I press it down.

So far my most comfortable hat! love it!

hat.jpg

Spats McGee

One Too Many
BobC said:
. . . .Spats, I don't know what that one is, but it looks good. I like the pug on that one.
That's the Barton hat that I got off ebay. All I know is: (1) It's a Barton; (2) Barton was apparently made by Stevens (according to an ad that Rusty posted); (3) it's got a 2" brim; (4) it says "Designed and Created by Barton Hats. Ultra Process Waterprooofed" on the liner; and (5) I really like it. And with that, as my Property Law professor used to say, "we have reached the precipice of my knowledge."

Nice Royal Stetson, bbshriver! I think you could change that bash with a little steam, but why would you? That's a nice, hand-bashed look that's good for that hat. I'd call that a diamond, but members of the Diamond Authority might disagree.

babs

A-List Customer
bbshriver said:
Got this Royal Stetson from RoninJedi in the classifieds.
In good shape, though the liner needs some cleaning. Does this look like a "diamond" crease? lopsided though it may be. I think it's the crease I want, though the hat doesn't give me much option, I can open it up to be open crown, but it just goes right to this when I press it down.

So far my most comfortable hat! love it!

hat.jpg

I watched that hat and really considered it. Good lounger seller, good looking hat.. win win.

On the crease, if you want to go to a teardrop or center-dent etc that's different, I suggest just distilled water in a misting spray bottle and lay it to the crown, then bash as you like and let it dry at room-temp.. You'll be surprised how fast it may dry. Some folks say also if it's a more complex bash like a teardrop do it in sections.. Wet.. bash.. dry to hold.. wet.. finish bash.. dry.

... huh!!! The newb here trying to sound as if I actually know what I'm doing. :)

Enjoy that sharp looking brown fed.

bbshriver

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments!
I'll have to see what I do with the "bash" I kind of like it, but I'm also kind of a perfectionist, so I'm fighting myself on that one. I think for the time being it will stay as it is, but who knows. I do like the diamond, but wish it was a little more even side to side.

Creasing is an evolutionary thing. I'm always tweaking some lid, either when it gets damp from rain, spraying it with distilled water or steaming it with a tea kettle. Relax & let the felt tell you how it wants to be shaped. It's a long conversation! :D

billysmom

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
got my wife this one, I'll convince her to wear hats some day ;) :eusa_doh:

img085.jpg

Like your caps. Your wife looks adorable in hers! I'm trying to get my husband hooked on hats, but so far it's a work in progress.

Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters