Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool1

New in Town
Great old Military with Tin Box

I've had this since i was a kid, something my folks found in an antique shop somewhere. Pretty cool, as it has the original metal box. There is a sleeve on top for plume to be inserted, but the plume alas, was long gone when I got it.

Any of you military collectors out there with a particular insight into exactly what this might be? I'd appreciate it.

P8270083.jpg

Best to all,
C1

buler

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 7x CB

Just got back from Vegas. Have to catch up on all the posts. Did manage to snag this Stetson 7X Clear Beaver Open Road at an antique mall on the way to the airport.

buler_small.jpg

vegas_7xcb_1.jpg

vegas_7xcb_2.jpg

vegas_7xcb_3.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I love that your casual stops yield better finds than the sum total my last 15 or so years of pretty hard thrifting and antiquing.
:eusa_clap

buler said:
Just got back from Vegas. Have to catch up on all the posts. Did manage to snag this Stetson 7X Clear Beaver Open Road at an antique mall on the way to the airport.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:

vegas_7xcb_1.jpg

Very nice, buler! Hmmmm.....what size would that be? :whistling

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I love that your casual stops yield better finds than the sum total my last 15 or so years of pretty hard thrifting and antiquing.
:eusa_clap
Its amazing.[huh] Only my presence can undermine the Buler Magic.

DAJE

One of the Regulars
Two new hats

First: cheap straw from a market. Nice shape, though.

IMG_9346.jpg

IMG_9338.jpg

Second: Akubra Stylemaster in Mid-Brown. I'll cross-post in the Akubra thread.

IMG_9353.jpg

IMG_9389.jpg

Yeah, I need a haircut, I didn't even try to dress appropriately for the Stylemaster, and I'm clearly unused to being in the sunlight. Spring is coming to the Southern Hemisphere, but a sunny day is still pretty unusual here in Melbourne.

Also, my digital camera is 8 or 9 years old, practically vintage itself.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
DAJE said:
]

Second: Akubra Stylemaster in Mid-Brown. I'll cross-post in the Akubra thread.

IMG_9353.jpg

IMG_9389.jpg

Yeah, I need a haircut, I didn't even try to dress appropriately for the Stylemaster, and I'm clearly unused to being in the sunlight. Spring is coming to the Southern Hemisphere, but a sunny day is still pretty unusual here in Melbourne.

Also, my digital camera is 8 or 9 years old, practically vintage itself.
Thanks for posting that stylemaster. That's a great looking hat. I can't wait for mine to come in the acorn. The mid-brown looks great too.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Here are my first two fedoras I ever bought. Both from ebay and both this week. On the left is a Adams Executive in a tannish gray, and on the left is a Pennys Marathon in a more browning gray.

marathon_01.JPG

I am new to collecting vintage fedoras but have a lot of other hats of other types.

Cool1

New in Town
San Luis Potosi

Haven't been to your city, but I hear it is very beautiful. Can you tell us where in the city the statue is located? Any information about the sculptor?

One Too Many
Hi Dear Cool1 ¡¡¡¡

Cool1 said:
Haven't been to your city, but I hear it is very beautiful. Can you tell us where in the city the statue is located? Any information about the sculptor?
The statue is located in main square, Down Town in San Luis Potosí City. is Capital City of the state same named: San Luís Potosí. I will ask about the sculptor and send you.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats