Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool1

New in Town
1994 7X Stetson Open Road, NIB

Picked this up 7x Open Road, new in the box, earlier this week. It's a 7 1/8, and just a hair snug on me, but the cool factor is all the way up. It came with the original receipt, care pamphlet and sponge.

Hope you all are ready for a great Labor Day Weekend.

P9010091.jpg
[/IMG]

P9010090.jpg
[/IMG]

P9010084.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Modern Stetson 30X "El Patron"

4953720221_33037705c5_z.jpg
4953720881_c3740fcf55_z.jpg

4954311864_785478e163_z.jpg
4954312082_bf2d03efa3_z.jpg

Appears someone stacked another on top of this and lightly stained the front and rear of the crown, a no-no. Nice Beaver Felt but typically stiff. 2"+ sweatband also a little thick and stiff but high quality. Perfect L.O. fit so it has been customized(not a Regular Oval as tagged) and standard crease slightly modified. Liner is embroidered not printed. At least I don't have to worry about getting the fancy hat dirty.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I'm not seeing it Walls,

can anyone else see it?

And all these hats make me feel I need another (hell I feel that everyday) but yeah. I hope to have something to show for my wants (not needs) soon.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joshbru3 said:
Heres my Mint condition 1950's Champ that I got yesterday. A ton more pics in "Uncontested - The Champ" thread.

DSC03888.jpg

Josh, I really like the Champ. They seemed to do some really interesting things with ribbons; I have a grey one with a lined ribbon which is really nice. Yours is a sharp looking hat!

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
150719541 said:
My grand daughther
2065076210106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

and stole my San Remo Borsalino, even so, I love her ¡¡¡¡
(Shhhh... I stole the picture from her camera)
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
love it

Cool1 said:
Picked this up 7x Open Road, new in the box, earlier this week. It's a 7 1/8, and just a hair snug on me, but the cool factor is all the way up. It came with the original receipt, care pamphlet and sponge.

Hope you all are ready for a great Labor Day Weekend.

P9010091.jpg
[/IMG]

P9010090.jpg
[/IMG]

P9010084.jpg

I'm really wanting an Open Road in silverbelly. I also just love the cattlemans crease. I'm very much a city slicker... do you guys think that a city slicker could pull off such a cool hat? My grandfather was a farmer, trucker, and all around rancher. He wore his Open Road on special occasions. Man, he really looked good in it.

I have a gray Stylemaster and a Taupe Fawn Camp Draft that all my friends think I look dapper in. But, I don't want to look too out of place.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
SlyGI said:
I'm really wanting an Open Road in silverbelly. I also just love the cattlemans crease. I'm very much a city slicker... do you guys think that a city slicker could pull off such a cool hat? My grandfather was a farmer, trucker, and all around rancher. He wore his Open Road on special occasions. Man, he really looked good in it.

I have a gray Stylemaster and a Taupe Fawn Camp Draft that all my friends think I look dapper in. But, I don't want to look too out of place.

I bet you could. After all, the Campdraft is an Open Road.

If you want a compromise, try center dent with side dents, instead of pinches or a cattleman's crease.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SlyGI said:

I think you would be fine in a cattleman's creased Open Road. It is enough of a city hat to go fine. You would probably get a bit more flack if you tried a full western sized brim of 3 1/2 to 4 inches, but the OR should be fine. I wear mine in the city quite often and never feel out of place. Give it a shot!

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
SlyGI said:
I'm really wanting an Open Road in silverbelly. I also just love the cattlemans crease. I'm very much a city slicker... do you guys think that a city slicker could pull off such a cool hat?

I wear one of my ORs with the cattleman crease and the front snapped down. I started doing that because there came a point where I couldn't even justify to myself having several hats that look alike.

In defense of a trend to wide ribbon Campdrafts...

I took a Federation IV by Akubra & took it to a thin ribbon since Akubra has not decided to do a run of Campdrafts in Moonstone. This is a temp ribbon until I send it off for a proper OR style ribbon treatment & edge binding....
fed4_2.jpg

fed4_1.jpg

fed4_3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925