Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
A Good Old Dog

Something about the auction pictures for this hat grabbed me, so I grabbed it. Came from the estate of a man who worked at NASA in the sixties and seventies who bought it at this store in Victoria, TX. Big, heavy, rough and green... not sure when I'll wear it. One of those je ne sais quoi purchases.:smow:

high-brehm1.jpg

high-brehm2.jpg

Stetson Royal

I was in the Detroit area this past weekend and found this late 1950s size 7 1/4 Stetson Royal for $38.00. It's a nice shade of green and in very good condition.

5527831722_2d66a28999_b.jpg

5527834068_be73b8c52b_b.jpg

5527246867_819d3e8521_b.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
Kiyan, welcome to the Fedora Lounge! That stingy brim appears to fit you well and it works for you. To me, a brim that small can't be worn by everyone, and the fact that you're a young man helps in that regard. Hang around here enough and you might be yearning to try a wider brim and taller, less tapered crown. Enjoy your hats!

kiyan

New in Town
Kiyan, welcome to the Fedora Lounge! That stingy brim appears to fit you well and it works for you. To me, a brim that small can't be worn by everyone, and the fact that you're a young man helps in that regard. Hang around here enough and you might be yearning to try a wider brim and taller, less tapered crown. Enjoy your hats!

Thanks for the feedback, Chinaski! Agreed. I think for my next hats, I'm going to go with a wider brim. Cheers, Kiyan

job

One Too Many
Looks good Mike. Can you tell me about this hat. Ive been looking into getting a Beaver Brand hat in that style because I want a 2 1/2 brim not a 2 3/4 or 3" brim. Prices seem to differ a lot online and I can't find many sites selling them.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately I don't know much about it. It's a Beaver Brand Heritage in a color called special gray. It originally came from thefedorastore.com. I bought it off a fedoralounger in the classifieds. The felt is soft. I haven't had much of a chance to play with it as I just received it last night. I wore it to work today so it is sitting next to me if you want any more detail.
Mike

Looks good Mike. Can you tell me about this hat. Ive been looking into getting a Beaver Brand hat in that style because I want a 2 1/2 brim not a 2 3/4 or 3" brim. Prices seem to differ a lot online and I can't find many sites selling them.

Looks like a dead ringer for an OR, or maybe a Strat. Nice looking hat!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely Fantastic Dobbs, Al! Seems to fit you well.

re: Beaver Brand Heritage--
Great find, Rodkins! I know they aren't considered super quality around here, but I've always found BB hats to be just wonderful.

As I understand it, "Heritage" is the grade/finish of the fur, and doesn't refer to the crease. I think it's fairly easy to get a BB custom made, especially ordering directly from thefedorastore.com, as well as rogerswesternhats.com. Plus Roger is a fantastic guy to talk with.

I found my BB hats second hand, in like-new condition (ebay and thefedorastore.com's outlet location in Custer, SD), but my impression is that they'll make any crease or any brim dimension in any color offered in any felt grade/finish. I have no idea how much beaver/rabbit/woodchuck, etc. is represented in any of their felts.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cowboy up.

Two new hats this weekend. Both are new old stock from a small town, family run store that closed a few years ago. Apparently all the really good stuff was already taken (brand name hats) but I got these two made by “Hopalong Cowboys” out of Champion PA. The dark brown one is labeled “100% imported fur” with a fake leather sweat band. The beige one has a leather sweat band and thicker felt. Both are fur felt (I know because I am allergic to wool) and fit really good. I just need to figure out how to style them.

daeb649c.jpg

Johnny

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Unusual Adam Executive Fol-De-Roll. This is the 2nd type of hat I found like this. My other is a brown Ruffie.....very cool.

DSC05757.jpg

DSC05759.jpg

DSC05760.jpg

unreaded sweat.
DSC05761.jpg

DSC05762.jpg

DSC05763.jpg

any of you Adam experts know anything about this one? I'm trying to figure out why the 4 pin holes on each side of the sweat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy