Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
That sounds cool, alanfgag. :pop2:

I think so... but for which hat? hmmmm.

Donna's grandfather worked in the fashion industry in NYC during the 1930s with Philip Mangone. She has a lovely black wool suit with leopard collar from Mangone, who was traveling in Europe with Donna's grandfather buying fabric when he made a quick decision to return home quickly via the Hindenburg in May 1937 instead of by boat as they had planned. He survived, but was badly burned. Donna's grandfather took the boat. Odd little twist of fate that I will be reminded of with this bit of fur... once I figure out which hat.

Romance at short notice is my specialty.

The story I've always heard told is how grandpa survived because he took the boat and Mangone died in his fateful decision to rush home on the Hindenburg. It wasn't till tonight when I googled Phillip Mangone that I learned he survived.

The leopard looks pretty good on a Gay Prince, BTW...

Last edited:

ejbhats

A-List Customer
5755514563_c7f6253fb2_b.jpg
5756053072_0b384785a5_z.jpg

More in the Resistol Roundup

Super Sky Fleet! Reminds me of my Pace-Setter. I'll post that on the Resistol Roundup thread. They made very fine hats!

ejbhats

A-List Customer
My friend Eric send me these hats recently. He thought that these wide brimmed hats would look good on me. He guessed right I think!
The first pic shows me in a very nice brown panama hat of which the brand is unknown to me. Maybe Eric knows...
In the second picture I'm wearing a great medium brown Society Club hat.
Perfect light weight hat. No liner and beautifull soft yet firm felt. And a nice bound brim. No doubt this will be one of my favorite hats.
Both are in excellent condition!

Sorry Michael. The Panama is a Panama Bob hat or on TFL you'll see them as PB. It's a Brisa weave.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Alan and Steve. Just arrived from France with rather mangled brim. Did some hypothetical hand re-flanging based on the smoother portions that remained intact.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I was lucky enough to get ahold of the Adam Mr Main Street that Josh recently parted company with.

It arrived just today and I wanted to grab a couple of quick pictures. The felt is a remarkable colour - indoors it looks to be greenish brown, but in sunlight is much more grey.

The hat is in really nice condition and fits perfectly. All in all, it's a special hat - thanks Josh!

D326311-L.jpg

D326310-L.jpg

D326313-L.jpg

Josh had documented the hat in much more detail starting here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace