Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scooter

Practically Family
New Pilgrim Featherlite, unlined and an honest 7 1/2 according to the tag inside the sweat. The seller was a bit ambiguous on the sizing in the ad, and when I received it, it was more than a little snug for my 7 1/2 head. I quickly discovered that it had several strips of thin cardboard padding the sweat and once removed, the hat fit pretty well. The felt is not quite like anything I've ever handled. The crown doesn't seem to want to hold a real shape, and feels very nearly like flannel or maybe, suede. Unusual, but very nice. I may have to send it in somewhere and have it blocked.

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

Two mid-century hats that arrived recently...

Joe College flat cap from ebay... least expensive item with the word college on it that I've seen in the last few years. Wool/rayon blend

joecollege1.jpg

joecollege2.jpg

joecollege3.jpg

Nice L'udoela from L'etsy

brownales3.jpg

brownales4.jpg

brownales2.jpg

brownales1.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Got this last week from Perry. My first Stratoliner who came to me who already had a Strat box and vintage pin :D (Thanks again, Perry!)

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

StetsonStratolinerbox.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
JT, congrats for find. It looks really good.

Scooter, very nice Pilgrim you found, it fits you well.

Alan, the Cap looks great, I wonder the American Caps have a leather sweatband, the German Caps, I have nothing seen like this.
Your Borsalino is so beautiful, I have the feel I must wear it. now

Ale, the Knox you find, its a beauty to. I think if you wear him it looks great.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I also picked up this Stetson 3X Ranger or Sheriff hat
8392da76.jpg

7118f46c.jpg

The brim is a little stiff as expected, but the crown is amazingly soft and shapeable. Any thoughts on how I should shape this one? How was the leather strap meant to be worn?
Thanks,
Mike

Alan, the Cap looks great, I wonder the American Caps have a leather sweatband, the German Caps, I have nothing seen like this.
Your Borsalino is so beautiful, I have the feel I must wear it. now

Thank you Manfred. I only have a small sampling, but leather sweatbands are used on the caps into the 1950s. This Borso is a very nice example. I now have three in this style ranging from 1940s - 1970s. I am drawn to the feel of the older hats, but (in comparison to American made hats of the same style and over the same period) the quality and character are remarkably consistent over this span of decades.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Vintage Dobbs Twenty. Found it at an estate sale. Too small for me, since it's a size 7, so I'll put in the classifieds if anyone here is interested. There are a couple of moth bites on the top of the brim. I included a pic of the most visible one. The others have to be searched hard for. Can anyone give me an idea of how much $ I should ask for?
0124020931.jpg

0124020932.jpg

0124020932a.jpg

0124020925.jpg

This last pic is closer to the color. It's not as purplish as the one in the sunlight.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that it comes with the original hat box.
0124020951.jpg

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Vintage Dobbs Twenty. Found it at an estate sale. Too small for me, since it's a size 7, so I'll put in the classifieds if anyone here is interested. There are a couple of moth bites on the top of the brim. I included a pic of the most visible one. The others have to be searched hard for. Can anyone give me an idea of how much $ I should ask for?
0124020931.jpg

0124020932.jpg

0124020932a.jpg

0124020925.jpg

This last pic is closer to the color. It's not as purplish as the one in the sunlight.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that it comes with the original hat box.
0124020951.jpg

A size 7 and you're in my neck of the woods. We should talk. I'll drop you a PM shortly.

I also picked up this Stetson 3X Ranger or Sheriff hat
...The brim is a little stiff as expected, but the crown is amazingly soft and shapeable. Any thoughts on how I should shape this one? How was the leather strap meant to be worn?
Thanks,
Mike

Montana Peak, looks like Park Ranger hat to me. The strap is worn behind your head to cup the crown of your skull unless you are horseback, then under the chin.
You could go with a center crease or even an alpine/cattleman too.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Montana Peak, looks like Park Ranger hat to me. The strap is worn behind your head to cup the crown of your skull unless you are horseback, then under the chin.
You could go with a center crease or even an alpine/cattleman too.
Cool, thanks. I'll try a Montana Peak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic