Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Rio Plata

57plymouth said:
Your brim looks better than my Rio Plata does out of the box. I'm hoping to get some life into it this week when I have some time to devote to it.
Out of the box my caballero looked like your rio plata (in the picture you posted). The brim in front had a slight curl upward. Right when I got it I got the brim front to go down a little and the next night I added some more with a little steam. I was very careful and nervous because it was my first time and I only know what I read on this board. It seemed to work out pretty well. Good luck with yours - I hope you post some pics of your progress.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Stetson Chatham (Sage)

From HATCO of course!
Photo113.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
jwalls said:
FpwdBiBkbHZYkGLPzV8pwg

We finished this Homburg this morning. Since the owner is not a member of the Lounge I thought I would post it.

I am... just going to try and ignore that...

But you're correct; the customer is always right. Even if he is wrong. :rolleyes:

jbucklin

Practically Family
Neophyte said:
Lookin' good and you know I loves me a good green lid! Haven't seen you on in a while, but now I see you were just waiting to reveal your new surprise!

Yeah, I've been laying low here lately---mainly waiting to get a new lid to show off (just got the Chatham today). Of course the subtlety of the color doesn't come out in the pic. I'm so tempted to sink some money into a decent camera, but it would really only be to photograph my hats!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've always like the Chatham.
After my Akubra Campdraft, I think I'm done with Akubra for a while (the Campdraft is, in my humble opinion, one of their best fedora models; yes, I am a convert.)

For my next hat it's going to be tough to decide between Stetson and Biltmore. I've seen enough modern Stetsons now to not be deterred by their semi-stigma, and though I don't know a lot about Biltmore, they do have some very nice hats, especially the "Canadian Suede" model.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Okay, my wife thinks I look like a forest ranger with my new Chatham. Of course, I think that's cool. But, judging by the tone in her voice, she does not think it's cool. What do you think? [huh]

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
jbucklin said:
Okay, my wife thinks I look like a forest ranger with my new Chatham. Of course, I think that's cool. But, judging by the tone in her voice, she does not think it's cool. What do you think? [huh]

So ask your wife what's wrong with forest rangers? BTW, you don't resemble one in the least IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum