Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello Robert. Sorry to impose on you, but that crease and brim width are similar to a hat idea I am developing. If you have the time, could you please give me a rundown of the specs of that hat.

Mostly:
--type of crease (edit: omit, the crease became clear when I scrolled up the page)
--height of crown
--width of brim

I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your time :).

Last edited:

billyspew

One Too Many
Hello Robert. Sorry to impose on you, but that crease and brim width are similar to a hat idea I am developing. If you have the time, could you please give me a rundown of the specs of that hat.

Mostly:
--type of crease
--height of crown
--width of brim

Good choice, it is awesome. Then again, pretty much everything does on Robert.

Neophyte

Good choice, it is awesome. Then again, pretty much everything does on Robert.

That is true. The shape of his hat is reminiscent of several I've seen around the net, but his pics are the most comprehensive (as well as the most hi-def). RLK really should have his own gallery thread :D.

buler

I'll Lock Up
February issue arrives....

My first Playboy. I promise I only bought it for the articles. See more in the Playboy thread.

B

playboy_3.jpg

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Thanks all for the debate about the definitions of ´reeded´and ´unreeded´, after the presentation of my recently acquired Stetson Week-ender.

Because of this debate, I have inspected the hat another time.

Well, it is as unreeded as ´unreeded´ can get: there is just nothing between the leather sweatband, the stitches and the felt.

StetsonWeek-ender-ph3.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks all for the debate about the definitions of ´reeded´and ´unreeded´, after the presentation of my recently acquired Stetson Week-ender.

Because of this debate, I have inspected the hat another time.

Well, it is as unreeded as ´unreeded´ can get: there is just nothing between the leather sweatband, the stitches and the felt.

Of that I have no doubt. My original comment is that I wonder if that is how the hat was originally made. Do you see any clues pointing to the possibility that the sweatband may have been restitched?

Spaghetti western from Borsalino getting a screening at my office. Very nice soft yet moldable felt. I think I will wear this one with the brim up for a while.

borso_western3.jpg

borso_western.jpg

borsalino_label.jpg

SteveAS

Practically Family
Here's a hat brand I haven't heard of before: The President. It seems to have sub-designations of Multi-Felted and The Six. It's made of quite dense, soft felt. It's milk chocolate brown, with an usual rust-colored ribbon. Can anyone tell me about it? Any guess as to the maker? It seems like a hat made in a big factory, rather than in a small store . . .

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

johnnycanuck

Just got a pair of Biltmore made, Stetson, 5X, mist coloured, cowboy hats for me and my little girl.

hers
8503e703.jpg

mine
866aa61a.jpg

Pictures taken before I attacked them with a brush and a drycleaning cloth. They look darn near brand new now.
Johnny

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Just got this in today: Knox Fifteen in brown with almost a 2 1/2 in. brim and 5 3/4 crown size 7 3/8. It arrived pretty dusty. They said it has been stored since the 1950's. They think it was never worn. Looks pretty good. Can anyone tell me what I can do to it, besides brushing the felt to clean dust off? Is there anything I can do to maybe bring out the color more? Also, you can see the ring around the top of brim where it was sitting in the box. Any suggestions on that? Appreciate your comments.
DSC03122.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03125.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
Johnny J, what a nice find! The hat seems to be in terrific shape! Depending on how much it cost to acquire, I would consider sending it to be professionally cleaned if a good solid brushing isn't doing the trick. Others here do their own naptha bath, but I'd be hesitant on such a quality old hat.

johnnycanuck

Hello Jimmy-the-lid what makes me think the hats are Biltmore made Stetsons are the sweat bands has Made in Canada logo on it just like any other Biltmore I have seen and the sales slip in one of the boxes is from the Biltmore Corporation.
8930541f.jpg

Sorry for the bad shot. It was a quick one I took the day I got the hat.
3c8e6730.jpg

I have tried to find exact dates when Biltmore made Stetsons but have not find definate date yet. If you have any info please let me know. From what I could find out from the woman I bought them from the hats are at least from the mid eightys.
Johnny

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up

Mostly:
--type of crease (edit: omit, the crease became clear when I scrolled up the page)
--height of crown
--width of brim

5386186723_1319e3c3c1_z.jpg
5386190239_0ef8b32fca_z.jpg

The brim is 3-3/4"
Crown is 4-1/4" at the front pinch center, 3-3/4" at the center rear.

Not a typical Western Crease--nearly JtL style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy