Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Amazing hat, tonyb. Looks quite solid; congrats on your idea turning out so well!

I got a new hat of a different kind this past weekend. It's a modern 8-point cap from a security/transportation uniform supplier in New Jersey, but the important part is the historic reproduction hat badge from western PA trolley operator Johnstown Traction Company.
JTCo_hat2.JPG

A closer view of my humble first-try effort at handcrafting a transit badge. I'm pleased with it, despite its flaws.
JTCo_hat3.JPG

I finished the badge this past Friday, in time to wear the cap in museum service on a 1925 Johnstown car. I'll share some pictures both on-head and some making-of details in the trolley/tram/streetcar thread, once I get the pictures.

-Steven

Edit: Here's a quick look at how I made it, and an in-service shot courtesy of a fellow trolley volunteer.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I got a new hat of a different kind this past weekend. It's a modern 8-point cap from a security/transportation uniform supplier in New Jersey, but the important part is the historic reproduction hat badge from western PA trolley operator Johnstown Traction Company.
JTCo_hat2.JPG

A closer view of my humble first-try effort at handcrafting a transit badge. I'm pleased with it, despite its flaws.
JTCo_hat3.JPG

-Steven

That's really cool looking! :)

Here's my most recent: Bailey Mannes Milan in Navy:
BaileyMannes3.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Oh yeah, I could see it that way too, but it's callin' your name-- listen--

Besides, I just had a delightful moment of irresponsibility, but its irresistability overcame me. This hat was not only immediately ready to be shipped, but was made by one of our own: DRB at finefurhats.com.
It is my one and only 100% Beaver hat. I put a soft center dent in it, and it's pretty awesome. It may end up waiting patiently on the shelf until warmer weather is over and my symphony season starts back up; that is, if I can keep my head away from it.
Here is the Black Brooks Beaver Beauty:

imgp0714copy.jpg

imgp0721copy.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. That's the first of DRB's hats I've seen. Please post many more photos of that one - inside, macro of the felt and ribbon, etc. I'm really interested in seeing his home-made felt.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. That's the first of DRB's hats I've seen. Please post many more photos of that one - inside, macro of the felt and ribbon, etc. I'm really interested in seeing his home-made felt.

Sure:

blackbrooksbeaver002cop.jpg

blackbrooksbeaver004cop.jpg

blackbrooksbeaver005cop.jpg

blackbrooksbeaver006cop.jpg

blackbrooksbeaver007cop.jpg

blackbrooksbeaver008cop.jpg

I'll try to get a felt detail shot in natural sunlight over the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS