Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, never seen a straighter block than that vintage or modern. Will be interesting to see the final product when its sweated, pugged and creased.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Blue Heather. It's such a soft hat. I got a real good deal on it so I couldn't refuse. It's a little big on me but for what I paid for it I can live with it. Better to be a little big than too small. I haven't been able to find a lot of information on the La Salle Company. I guess Champ and Barrister were their brands. I have seen plenty of Champs but not any Barristers. I wonder if those were the only two brands The La Salle Company owned.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Depends on when you are talking about. The Salesky Bros. formed the Champ Hat company out of the La Salle company in 1946, and Champ became their primary brand. A decade later, the Saleskys and Champ Hats bought the controlling interest in Hat Corporation of America in 1956, so they ended up owning all of those brands, too. Champ Hats continued to be made in Sunbury, though, and the others stayed in Norwalk, and later, Winchester. It's not too often the little guy buys the big guy out, but in this case Hat Corporation of America was so weakened by the 1953-'54 strike that they were a ripe target.

Beautiful hat, by the way. La Salles are indeed rare!

Brad

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
A couple prelims from my kindle camera... bet most of you can guess where this came from! More later, as time permits! :D

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377283796717.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377283796717.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377283822495.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377283822495.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 135

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Gorgeous Tumwater Bowlerman. I've been thinking about a custom but i'm completely torn on who to go to for my first one. That hat definitely has me thinking Tumwater's a good way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24