Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
That's Jimmy Stewart - he had a lot of practise to get where he got with that hat :)

The Fed IV's look good and they look good on you!
Thank you!
I have always liked Jimmy Stewart, ever since I saw the Glenn Miller story as a little kid, agreed, he sure knew how to wear a hat!

I'm finally getting around to posting a couple of photos of this Churchill that I picked up a couple of months ago. The unique Neiman-Marcus/Texas logo liner really makes this hat for me.
Lovely hat, thin ribbons are really looking good to me at the moment.

ivansmith1590

New in Town
Stratcat,
I really like your fed iv. Where can I order one? And is the felt as good as beaver, or is an adventure built better quality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hückel (Weilheim) Lutra, size 58cm, probably mid to late 1950s. Fantastic felt with very nice Velour finish. Also really like the black (felt) and green (ribbon) contrast.

16094050319_c3e73e058f_b.jpg

16280199105_1c27786962_b.jpg

16092676028_3ea0cb8d87_b.jpg

16094364547_ef6c310253_b.jpg

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Stratcat,
I really like your fed iv. Where can I order one? And is the felt as good as beaver, or is an adventure built better quality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fed IV is a 'special' that you can only get from hats direct http://hatsdirect.com/federation/index.html
As far as the quality of the felt, I'll confess to being a newby and so can't comment. It's an Akubra, so it's tough and everyone on here rates them as a great hat. Other than that I couldn't really say. I'm more than happy with it and the other Akubras I own.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Look, here's the thing with Akubras, they're tough as nails. They'll hold up to just about anything you can throw at it. In serious rain, I won't reach for any other hat. But overall felt quality is "good" not "great" in terms of the finish and feel. An Adventurebilt, if you can get one, is going to be a better hat. Of course, it's an apples to oranges comparison.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
That is one cool looking hat. So,what is the Lutra? Is that otter fur felt? Hope not, as otters are cool critters. Well, I guess if otter fur was to be used for anything, I'd prefer a nice fedora to a fur coat.

konadog

Practically Family
here are my two new hats. An Optimo Milan Straw Teardrop Fedora and a Stetson Benchley in beaver fur felt. Brim on the Optimo is 2.5" where the Stetson is 2". Crown is a little taller on the Optimo. Liking both hats but think the Optimo might be a better shape for me. Opinions welcome.
IMG_0625.jpg IMG_0660.jpg IMG_0630.jpg IMG_0656.jpg IMG_0638.jpg IMG_0647.jpg IMG_0679.jpg IMG_0670.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou