Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
1959 Stetson Stratoliner

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
They're all nice Moon, but that Vitafelt Whippet is "the stuff dreams are made of"

Always cool to get a dated hat as well

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
They're all nice Moon, but that Vitafelt Whippet is "the stuff dreams are made of"

Always cool to get a dated hat as well

that whippet has my heart indeed .

I'm not so sure about that, but a nice group of hat just the same.

I wasn't sure either until I was told by 2 different people at 2 different hat shops in NYC ... I was thinking '60s... they suggested otherwise

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Put me down as a non-believer.

I couldn't care less really

not in love with the hat in all honesty ... not really my style ... just couldn't leave it for the price

it is probably late 60s as I thought ... but they insisted it was earlier ... I personally do not care in the least

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
The Knox is Garland, TX-made, not Hat Corporation of America in Norwalk, so it's post-1972. Probably before 1980, guessing from the price.

Brad

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The Knox is Garland, TX-made, not Hat Corporation of America in Norwalk, so it's post-1972. Probably before 1980, guessing from the price.

Brad

thank you

now I know exactly who not to trust and what hat shops to not go to

the Knox was cheap

I'm most excited about the 40s Whippet and the '59 Strat

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Wow, moon, what a nice haul! I'm with the others, the Vita Felt Whippet is the star of that show. The '59 Strat and the Milan Strat aren't too shabby, either.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Wow, moon, what a nice haul! I'm with the others, the Vita Felt Whippet is the star of that show. The '59 Strat and the Milan Strat aren't too shabby, either.

thank you Michael

yeah that Whippet was the focal point of my purchase for sure ... and the what sold me on the '59 was the color which is not something I see all that much.... it is kind of a blue/ grey with a touch of a greenish mint tint... very cool ... and the date tag .

that Whippet has probably quickly become the crown jewel of my modest vintage collection ... which only consists of about 7 hats

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, great finds, especially since you're a larger size. Love the avatar too, Bogie's a legend.

thank you sir

and yes... that man could wear a hat

the crease he is wearing in that pic is one I have been chasing for years.... it's pretty much what became known as the raiders crease.... but Bogie wore it first :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran