Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Well some pictures of the Buckaroo Hatters I got from Blake.
Don't know if he was the original owner.

buckaroo1.jpg

buckaroo2.jpg

20160728c.jpg
Wow, that looks really great!

Very cool hat. Great colors and velour. Also love the way it's creased (reminds me of my Optimo).

Thanks! I might try it with a Crease Holder / Clip because that is what it had originally (but now missing).

Dang, mayser!
those Wilkes are beautiful. Especially like the textured sweat on the velour.

Thanks! It's rare to receive two Wilke in a row. :) Pre WWII they were probably the most popular German hat company.

Wow, looks unworn! I love seeing these transition hats, as it adds knowledge to a murky era in these brands. The Challenger was offered from the fall of 1971 through the fall of 1974, so this could be either made by HCA at their factory in Winchester, TN, or by Koracorp in Garland, TX after the end of HCA and sale of their assets. I don't have enough information on either production period to narrow it further. The price seems to be a bit later, but other details make me think it's still an HCA product. The funny thing about the Knox Challenger was its marketing: "For the man who likes a little wider brim." This was a wider brim in the early-'70s!

Nice catch and great size. Let me know if you ever want to sell it, and would you mind if I used photos of it for my website?

Thanks,

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

Thanks for that bit of history, Brad!

By all means use the photos. I can send you better if you like.

And yeah, hard to imagine a time when 1 7/8" was considered wider!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
Just picked up my first made to order felt fedora from Art Fawcett. A very streamlined experience. I met
Art for the first time today and he was a real patient gentleman. He answered every question I had. He put a diamond crown on it. The felt is exactly what I hoped for. Its a beaver fur felt confederate color felt. Really soft. I like the red satin lining and the modest band design. A perfect fit as well. Then we headed off to the beach. I am a happy guy today.... If the wind die down out here a cigar tonight will finish the day off perfectly!

p2134429655-4.jpg

p1892672883-5.jpg

p1949462250-4.jpg

p1887624120-4.jpg

p2033941115-4.jpg

p1951140610-4.jpg

p1953065645-4.jpg

p1907249431-4.jpg

p2087155466-4.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Just picked up my first made to order felt fedora from Art Fawcett. A very streamlined experience. I met
Art for the first time today and he was a real patient gentleman. He answered every question I had. He put a diamond crown on it. The felt is exactly what I hoped for. Its a beaver fur felt confederate color felt. Really soft. I like the red satin lining and the modest band design. A perfect fit as well. Then we headed off to the beach. I am a happy guy today.... If the wind die down out here a cigar tonight will finish the day off perfectly!

p2134429655-4.jpg

looks great on you !!

congrats

great work by Art as always

Great lookin' hat, Mr. Keenan! And you wear it well.

Very nice Moe! Between you & Matt I can't seem to sniff out a Game Bird for myself!

Jack, I just passed on buying a Game Bird at a local antique market. It was one with the stingier brim, though. What size are you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner