Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lobo Rojo

New in Town
Akubra Pilbara in Recency Fawn. I reshaped the crown with a teardrop, hand rolls, and a tight pinch. Finished with a Southwestern-themed leather hatband and charm.
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0736 2.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Upon returning from holidays, a series of packages arrived in my absence, was waiting for me.
One I had given up for lost, another risked getting lost and others were waiting for me with their almost mysterious contents.
Tre neri.jpg

Three black hats, two certainly ancient, one is to be studied. Starting from the left: a Borsalino lobbia, a G.B. Borsalino bowler hat and a Flechet in black velour.
It is an anticipation, more news and photographs will arrive in the next few days.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A very classic Lobbia Borsalino in light and malleable black felt
Lobbia nera Borsalino 5.JPG

Its peculiarity is that it was sold by a shop in Genoa, Sartoris, which has its own brand as a brand in the lining and not that of the Alessandria hat manufacturer.
Lobbia nera Borsalino interno totale.JPG

Lobbia nera Borsalino marchio negozio.JPG
Borsalino Qualità Extra Extra Superiore quality, the size measures approximately 58 centimeters or a 5 1/2 in the Borsalino measurement system.
Lobbia nera Borsalino 2.JPG
There is no a tag size. and the internal measurements being 20.3x16.5 centimeters
Lobbia nera Borsalino 1.JPG
From its features and dimensions: the curled brims are 6 cm., the ribbon is 4.8 cm and the crown at its lowest point is 10 cm seems to come from the 1950s
Lobbia nera Borsalino 3.JPG

The paper label said us the type and nothing else, also because I don't want to force the sweatband which has some fragile seams
Lobbia nera Borsalino etichetta carta.JPG
A very elegant homburg with a special felt for its softness and malleability
Lobbia nera Borsalino 4.JPG

A timeless classic

Mustang

One of the Regulars
I haven't posted in FOREVER, but thought this was an appropriate occasion. I've been growing out my hair, head and facial, since the last time I posted. None of my other hats fit anymore, or look right on me, thanks to the long hair. I visited Jaxonbilt Hat Company last fall. Had a great conversation with the owners, and loved the shop. Roy fit me for a hat that I was inevitably going to order. Well, a few months later, I ordered it. It arrived yesterday...and it is magnificent! My first bowler.
20210719_201238.jpg
20210719_201628.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner