Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Unusual Paris Fedora arrived...

Remember that extremely Stingy, velvet trimmed Paris fedora I had won? Well it showed up today. I was pleasantly surprised at the color more than anything. The pics in the listing showed it as definite Gray/grey, but when I took it out of the box, even though it was filthy...it was a nice dark olive/taupe kinda shade.

Even @ a mere 1 3/8", it's still not my Stingiest brim I own, can you believe it? :eek: Trimmed with 1/4" of black velvet to match the 1 1/4" band around the Crown, which is 5" open, about 4 1/4" front & back with the center crease that came with it.

I'm impressed with the quality of the felt, like I said...it's filthy, but great shape, no marks whatsoever. I'm disappointed with the sweatband though, not very good quality there. Very nice liner, excellent shape, no stains.

I'm hoping that somebody here can make out the maker of this hat because I can't....hopefully someone can from the picture of the liner, any help is much appreciated. Thanks for lookin'.

Paris1.jpg
Paris2.jpg

Paris4.jpg
Paris3.jpg

Here's the liner.....

Paris5.jpg

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Nice!!!

bolthead said:
I'm impressed with the quality of the felt, like I said...it's filthy, but great shape, no marks whatsoever. I'm disappointed with the sweatband though, not very good quality there. Very nice liner, excellent shape, no stains.

bolthead- very nice!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I saw it on ebay (not my size though). It really did turn out to look great once cleaned up a bit!! :cool:

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Stetson 4X Beaver, found at Goodwill this week. $4.29 plus tax! As found:

P1040865.jpg

It was the right size. I gave it a cold water wash, a Gus crease with side dents and a mule kick, a wide brown ribbon, and reshaped the brim.

P1040870.jpg

I know I'm "mixing metephors" here, with a cowboy hat and Hawaiian shirt, but I remember Hawkeye Pierce doing it on "MASH."

P1040866.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Stetson 4X Beaver, found at Goodwill this week. $4.29 plus tax! As found:

P1040865.jpg

It was the right size. I gave it a cold water wash, a Gus crease with side dents and a mule kick, a wide brown ribbon, and reshaped the brim.

P1040870.jpg

I know I'm "mixing metephors" here, with a cowboy hat and Hawaiian shirt, but I remember Hawkeye Pierce doing it on "MASH."

P1040866.jpg
Forget hawkeye! if Kenny Chesney can do it then so ca you JT!:eusa_clap

merkman

Familiar Face
60 year old?Mallory

Found this really nice old Mallory. Has just the shape I've been looking for and the color is nice. Looks a lot like the one Dennis Morgan wore in "Captains of the clouds" Fits perfect too.......

p1010003ke5.jpg

p1010004ia1.jpg

p1010005yl3.jpg

feltfan

merkman said:
Found this really nice old Mallory.

Interesting Mallory. Never heard of the John David.
Can you tell us what the entire text is on the hat liner?
Also what's the tag on the front of the sweatband?

Very nice.

Stoney

Practically Family
Nice Mallory

Great hat! I only have one Mallory but I love it.

I just reworked the ribbon on mine. It's a Mallory Alexander.
I also added a wind trolley with a faux pearl button.

Alexander.jpg

Liner.jpg

merkman

Familiar Face
Interesting Mallory. Never heard of the John David.
Can you tell us what the entire text is on the hat liner?
Also what's the tag on the front of the sweatband?Very nice.

It say's on the side of the band, "John David 5th ave. New York"
The tag at the front is a hat check tag from the " Velshire Club"

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
merkman, Nice Mallory. The prize, though, has to be the hat check stub. We've all seen the hat check system in old movies, but few of us have ever seen a ticket, much less owned one!

Stoney, I really like what you do with hats. I'm hoping to retire from my present vocation, in a few years. Want to go into business, together? :D

For both of you, :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

bolthead

No Joke....

"Stoney, I really like what you do with hats. I'm hoping to retire from my present vocation, in a few years. Want to go into business, together?"

I think you 2 guys would make an Excellent Partnership. :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Stoney -- really nice job on the ribbon replacement. Looks super! :eusa_clap

What is involved in replacing the wind string?

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy