Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
My first Borsalino...

Doesn't appear to be there top of the line, however still think I got a good deal on ebay for $76. It's in pristine, almost untouched condition. It's called the Anello. What do you all think? I'm pretty pleased...
tdretro002.jpg

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
My Latest

Fresh off the block from Sterling Beaver......Hickory Wonder felt with Beaver toned ribbon, wind trolly and binding. The baddest rake I have in my collection and I love the deep dish bash:

2455350418_0431b8de9f_o.jpg

2454522103_3c01cd6740_o.jpg

2455350596_b2f5eff4a0_o.jpg

2454521925_b0fe8e904c_o.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great looking hat, BrandX. I like that bound brim and the ribbon treatment. The teardrop crown is becoming my favorite.

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
citRon said:
100_2435.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2434.jpg
[/IMG]

here's my new Federation in Tawny Fawn. My head is 56.5, and going on the recommendations at Hats Direct about the new block running small, I ordered a 57. -Don't think it worked out!

Well if you snap the brim down you will have really good protection from the sun. lol

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
citRon said:
100_2435.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2434.jpg
[/IMG]

here's my new Federation in Tawny Fawn. My head is 56.5, and going on the recommendations at Hats Direct about the new block running small, I ordered a 57. -Don't think it worked out!

Thats a great "undercover hat". ;)

Beautiful 3X, Douglas. I happen to have an example of the very model, except mine's a sky blue color and, despite my best efforts at cleaning and blocking and pouncing and all, is in nowhere near as fine a condition as yours. But it's still a great hat, in its way. Wouldn't wear mine with a coat and tie, but for a rainy Saturday night bouncing around the local low-rent joints, it's just the ticket.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The 3X model is very user friendly. I have three of them with the mode edge all in really good condition.For me they are an every day type of hat. Beside the Royal Stetson grade of quality the 3x is my favorite. I don't think that this one is very old though maybe the mid to late Fifties.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Just picked up this Champ boater for $20. In perfect condition, barely worn. Size 7, has a dark brown textured sweatband so I'm guessing from the 1950s.

Boater001.jpg

Boater002.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
indycop said:
Just picked this up at the antique store for Dee, was it worth $15? And any ideas on cleaning the sweatband?

It should be held on by sharp pointy pins, carefully remove the band and hand wash it in woolite. You'll have to re-iron the pleats but the fold lines will probably still be visible.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
...was it worth $15? And any ideas on cleaning the sweatband?

Definitely worth it. Looks great on her.

Don't know about the sweatband. Wet paper towel? Damp toothbrush?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy