Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stoney

Practically Family
Nice Job Bolthead!

Hey that is one sharp looking hat partner. You did a great job of cleaning it too.
One could not easily tell it is the same one. Enjoy it in good health buddy.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
New from Panama Bob

This is my San Juan I got off Ebay.

Panama1.jpg

Panama2.jpg

Panama3.jpg

Panama4.jpg

Panama5.jpg

Panama6.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
It showed up today.....

LodenDobbs002.jpg
LodenDobbs001.jpg

JT, you can have this pin, I believe it's some sort of swiss shield/crest.....shoot me a PM.

LodenDobbs003.jpg
LodenDobbs004.jpg
LodenDobbs005.jpg

Amazing I was just looking at a Borso like that they I found in my office but is not my size... like a 56...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I got these hats over the past two days up in northeast Iowa. Each hat cost me $20 or less.

First is this Knox Milan. A little rough with some creases but I date it from the late-1920s through the 1930s. Still, in good shape for how old it is.
KnoxMilan002.jpg

KnoxMilan004.jpg

KnoxMilan003.jpg

It's had quite a journey, coming from California and ending up in Iowa.

Next, this fashionable Resistol "Flatop" from the mid-1950s. I was recently looking through a 1956 Esquire and saw that the "Flatop" was a new style that year. Bow in back, kitten finish. Very soft.
ResistolFlatop001.jpg

ResistolFlatop002.jpg

ResistolFlatop003.jpg

Last but not least is this 1940s-era off-white wool fedora with a thin ribbon. I won't wear it but I bought it because they are hard to find.
Ardsley001.jpg

Ardsley002.jpg

I also saw but passed up a blue Penny's Marathon with two tone ribbon and box, a super rough Stetson Stratoliner in tan and a Stetson Whippet in caramel with about a 2 inch brim. Not enough money or not my size. :p

Bill Briton

New in Town
Not new exactly, but seeing as I am new to the forum, I guess it kind of counts no?

P1010299.jpg

the label along the internal band says Burghoff

Made in france 'Chateaux de Luxe'

Can't find a date though [huh]

GWD

One Too Many
Gray Stratton

In an effort to expand my "hatting" experience, I purchased this Stratton recently.

First Impressions were, It's a great looking hat, the quality of the felt is good, the sweatband is god awful!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I think from now on, I'm going to stick with Pre 1960's Stetsons, Pre 1960 Dobbs, Knox, Portis, Disney, Cavanagh, Lee, Mallory, and Marathon and one of these days I'll get a Borsalino.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
GWD, That's a Stratton I've never seen. It's definitely old. My guess is you have genuine rarity on your hands (head?)! :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
Thanks J.T., you really think so? I know Stratton made or makes a lot of Campaign Hats, other than that I know nothing about them. I do know the sweatband needs to be replaced. :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
BT - the liner and sweat please. We can't know much without seeing the guts, aside from the fact that it's got style.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Correctamundo.

Fed III.
Last of the V8 Feds. My first.
Tawny Fawn.
Brim chop and a deeeep crease- for that over-square profile.
It arrived this afternoon and 10 minutes later... fully butchered.

Yes- the brim thickness and the ribbon/bow are a dead giveaway.
I never dreamed those Feds were so thick!

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24