Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

glazierman

New in Town
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey Glazierman - Guys bustin' each others chops on a construction site!? Must be somethin' new or just specific to your area out there. lol lol lol

Which one of those lids is your grandfather's (?), the one that's a beater that still gets looks.
It's an old ( I'm not sure how old but well used.) Adam Futura.

hats034.jpg

hats035.jpg

duggap

Banned
Glazierman, you need to follow the remainder of the Johnnyphi auctions on this forum. He has had several of the Adams hats with that same ribbon treatment. You might be able to buy a never worn original Adam just like your grandfathers. That would make your hat late 40s or early 50s. :)

glazierman

New in Town
duggap said:
Hey Glazierman, it looks like some of them hats have been worn before.:p Welcome to the lounge.
With the exception of my latest and most expensive hat ( a new old stock Cavanagh ) all of my hats had previous owners. Some were from antique or second hand shops, some from ebay. All of my hats are vintage and only a couple are younger than me.

glazierman

New in Town
ScionPI2005 said:
Sweet Whippet, Torpedo! :eusa_clap

Glazierman, that is quite a collection. How many do you have so far?
I think I have 18 but just bought another on ebay that I have'nt got yet. My 12 year old son is getting into hats (scarry how they want to be like their parents) and just bought a vintage Cavanagh stingy brim on ebay.

glazierman

New in Town
duggap said:
Glazierman, you need to follow the remainder of the Johnnyphi auctions on this forum. He has had several of the Adams hats with that same ribbon treatment. You might be able to buy a never worn original Adam just like your grandfathers. That would make your hat late 40s or early 50s. :)
Is that in the classifieds? Forgive me for not knowing but I'm still learning my way around the site.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Viper Man said:
Yeah, but the good news is that if you are persistent, you can still find very nice vintage hats for decent prices. You just need to know where to look.
Quite right:

adamsauction.jpg

Both as new Adam brand. 7 3/8 Executive & a 7 1/8 Premier porkpie; $7.99 f/ both. Deals are out there.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Please restore the Futura!

glazierman said:
It's an old ( I'm not sure how old but well used.) Adam Futura.

hats034.jpg

hats035.jpg

glazierman, Nice collection and welcome to the Lounge.

Your grandfather's Adam Futura could be restored to something approaching it's former beauty. Have you considered having a full restoration done by one of the master hatters on this forum? I think it would be well worth the effort. That's a terrific hat.
:cool2:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
vs003ig6.jpg

A new light sage VS:D

Looks like another nice one, Bart. I like the color and the ribbon with it. Got any more detailed pics? Your Thanksgiving must have been a happy one.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Looks like another nice one, Bart. I like the color and the ribbon with it. Got any more detailed pics? Your Thanksgiving must have been a happy one.

Thanks Bob, I posted some more in Arts thread. My bad pictures can't really do this one justice. [huh]

Brinybay

Practically Family
Akubra Sydney

Well, once in a while antique shops do have something that's not horribly over-priced. I found this hat in a shop near me. Exactly my size, good shape and only $40. I particularly like the diamond bash. Also the smell. Everything in that shop reaks of patchouly, which is way better than that "old clothes" or "old stuff" smell. So w/o further a-do, my "new" hat:

P.S. Sorry for the grim expression, I'm one of those people who have trouble forcing a smile, but I did try!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
On Wednesday, the receptionist on my floor called my office and asked me if I'd ordered anything from "Accu-bra." Suffice it to say that I was horribly confused. No, I hadn't ordered anything from "Accu-bra." Then she spelled it for me . . . Oooooohhhhhh, Akubra. After about 2.5 months, my Stylemaster had finally arrived!

BTW, That's a good-lookin' Sydney there, Brinybay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou