Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
Never seen that lining in an Adam before either.

Reminds me of the lining in my Adam Majestic...

B005005I11_3.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Warbaby

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
I didn't get a picture taken yesterday, but the SF Chronicle newspaper did! Here is our almost 13yo son Daniel as he participated with his fellow BAWMHRS (Bay Area Womens' and Mens' Historical Representation Society) on Memorial Day during the ceremonies at the Presidio in San Francisco.

chanteuseCarey, your little sailor is wonderful and just too cute for words! Bravo!

buler

I'll Lock Up
Long Hairs - Teaser

I'm glad I got the urge to stop at the antique mall on the way home. Found 4 hats in one booth. These 3 are beauties. Don't have time for detail but thought I'd post a teaser.

B

long_hairs.jpg

american_hatco_medalist.jpg

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
I'm glad I got the urge to stop at the antique mall on the way home. Found 4 hats in one booth. These 3 are beauties. Don't have time for detail but thought I'd post a teaser.

B

long_hairs.jpg

american_hatco_medalist.jpg

Enough teasing, already. Finish what you started! :) :D

Cigarband

A-List Customer
My New Portis Supreme.

Christmas came early today. I got my new hat from Feltfan in the mail, and I could not be happier with it or him. He is a great pleasure to deal with and a true "Mensch". He already posted some great pics of the hat, so I'll direct you here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=40178
to see it in all it's glory.
OK, now that you have had enough of the GOOD photos, here are some of me wearing the hat.
I do not do it justice. However, I am vain enough to hope for one or two kind words from my fellow FLers. My apologies for the poor lighting.
Portis04.jpg
Portis03.jpg
Portis02.jpg
Portis01.jpg

Gentlemen and Ladies, the floor is yours.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
buler said:

Wow. Those are incredible. Old, too. '20s or early '30s from the look of the sweatband.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cigarband said:
Christmas came early today. I got my new hat from Feltfan in the mail, and I could not be happier with it or him.
One of the best things about selling a hat is seeing it
end up in a better home than I can give it. That hat is
SO much better on you than it was on me. Glad to see
where it landed.

I have owned three Portis hats. One I gave to charity
(not my style- Cigarband got the pin from that hat),
one I got from Razzman (as I recall) which
I ended up giving to my brother, and this one. Some day
I'll have a Portis of my very own! Excellent hats.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Cigarband, this Portis looks GREAT on you!! Happy early Christmas. Love the suit you've got on with this, you look very dashing wearing your new-to-you hat in these pics. Don't sell yourself short sir!

Cigarband said:
Christmas came early today. I got my new hat from Feltfan in the mail, and I could not be happier with it or him.
OK, now that you have had enough of the GOOD photos, here are some of me wearing the hat.
I do not do it justice. However, I am vain enough to hope for one or two kind words from my fellow FLers. My apologies for the poor lighting.
Portis04.jpg
Portis03.jpg
Portis02.jpg
Portis01.jpg

Gentlemen and Ladies, the floor is yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo