Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
re: hometown

Tim in Ohio said:
A too tight vintage Pilgrim, size 7 3/8 that belonged to dear grandfather:

018.jpg

That's great to have a "family" hat. my Dad's from Straight Creek, Tennessee and the hats I've seen in those pics had already been through a few generations and didn't make it down to me...

I was born in Tipp and went to UD, nice to see one of my "locals" on here.

wear your hats in good health!

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Welcome Tim

Tim,
Welcome to the Lounge.

You are off to a good start, if developing an addictive over indulgence in head coverings can be considered a good start.lol

Looks like you've got room to work with Granddad's hat, so you can at least trot it out once in a while.

Sizing it up to a 7 1/2 should make it a lot more comfortable!

That's a great legacy. I rebuilt one of my dad's hats for one of my sons and he's thrilled to own Grandpa's lid ... and I'm thrilled to have a son who like hats.

Take care,

Sam

Dreispitz

One Too Many
rlk said:
4311435377_11d44ca2f3_b.jpg

Best Habig yet! 2-3/8" raw edge brim super felt quality and 2" wide high quality sweatband. 1950 on factory stamp. More later in German and Austrian thread...

What a rare find!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dreispitz said:
What a rare find!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

:arated: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Robert, If you can check the paper label (if it has one) it would be interesting to see if the dates match up. I have a Habig from 1940 that matched (sweat stamp and paper label #).

Edit! Sorry I got confused! I was thinking the date was stamped on the sweatband.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Forty

4312205270_7b9bffcf96_o.jpg

A Fedorized Western. Its been stretched from 7-1/8 LO to just a hair shy of 7-1/4(fits like my head is hat block) and has the brim edge tension and popped stitches at the seam to show for it. Cavanagh-like felt but a bit thicker. More to come in the Dobbs Diner...

rlk

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
:arated: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Robert, If you can check the paper label (if it has one) it would be interesting to see if the dates match up. I have a Habig from 1940 that matched (sweat stamp and paper label #).

Edit! Sorry I got confused! I was thinking the date was stamped on the sweatband.
It has an ink stamp on the backside of the sweatband that looks like an Eagle but no numbers and only a spot where the size tag once was.
4311520187_b8e6bc686e.jpg

jharrell

New in Town
Banjo Patterson

Arrived today. My Akubra Banjo Patterson.
Initial impressions.....I may have found a new favorite hat!
I ordered the fawn color and this seems a bit darker than I was expecting
but I'm happy with it and will keep it.

IMG_0982.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
Not sure if this is a Strat clone, Open Road clone, or what, but it came in today and I'm very pleased with it:

4309923127_1112a7c269.jpg

The felt is very soft and easy to work with - I put that diamond bash in without steaming. The only problem is some minor discoloration on the front brim where it meets the crown. All in all I'm very pleased - which is good, because I'm out of hat money!

Sounds and looks like one of my Adam Mainliners, the felt on mine too is very soft thin and pliable. Colour is comparible as is the bow (other than button placement).
3567560823_c0d7d1b155.jpg

I'm sure you'll be very happy with it

ValEag

One of the Regulars
jharrell said:
Arrived today. My Akubra Banjo Patterson.
Initial impressions.....I may have found a new favorite hat!
I ordered the fawn color and this seems a bit darker than I was expecting
but I'm happy with it and will keep it.

IMG_0982.jpg

Very nice look jharrell! Any chance of getting a side shot? I've been looking at some of the wide brimmed Akubras for outside work this summer and have considered the Banjo.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Salty O'Rourke said:
Not sure if this is a Strat clone, Open Road clone, or what, but it came in today and I'm very pleased with it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360226573690&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

4310659748_e0f5360a99.jpg

4309923267_83c0058294.jpg

4310659660_d5840b8028.jpg

4309923127_1112a7c269.jpg

4309922989_97fccebef9.jpg

4310659460_7486c0b26a.jpg

4309922937_c203d7a6f8.jpg

The felt is very soft and easy to work with - I put that diamond bash in without steaming. The only problem is some minor discoloration on the front brim where it meets the crown. All in all I'm very pleased - which is good, because I'm out of hat money!

I've only seen awesome hats on you the last couple of weeks! excellent.:eusa_clap I know how it feels to be out of hat money lol

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Tim in Ohio said:
A too tight vintage Pilgrim, size 7 3/8 that belonged to dear grandfather:

018.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

too tight, maybe, but it looks cool on you anyways, especially with the front of the brim turned up like that! I wouldn't be surprised if you are a upright bass-player in a jazz trio playing in smoky jazz-rooms, looking like that

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
djgo-cat-go said:
too tight, maybe, but it looks cool on you anyways, especially with the front of the brim turned up like that! I wouldn't be surprised if you are a upright bass-player in a jazz trio playing in smoky jazz-rooms, looking like that

I agree, looks real dang cool with the brim up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran