Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Nice Avatar and hat of course

Tim, nice hat......and a good looking piece of Plateau Briar in your Avatar:eusa_clap

You freehand that one yourself??? I take to the Briar on occasion; a nice switch in pace.

Tim in Ohio said:
A big thank you to RBH who re-homed this Mallory Dallas to me. I LOVE it. One man's beater... another man's prized lid :D :D

DSC01577.jpg

Thanks again Rusty!

Chinaski

One Too Many
RLK - that hat, including style, color and crease, suits you very well, and the tooled leather works :eusa_clap Hey, when it works, it works!

Kilo November, that is a beautiful Tumwater - fantastic ribbon!

Tim in Ohio

Familiar Face
Cane Rod Maker said:
Tim, nice hat......and a good looking piece of Plateau Briar in your Avatar:eusa_clap

You freehand that one yourself??? I take to the Briar on occasion; a nice switch in pace.

Cane Rod Maker,
Thank you. That plateau briar pipe you mentioned is a J.M. Boswell, I sure wish I had the know how to carve a briar. Haven't tried it yet. Hope to try my hand at it sometime soon.

PlateauxChurchwarden6.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
boushi_mania said:
The Bennetts London straw boater I won off eBay arrived today.

I was nervous about getting one in my size since there have been so many posts about the stiffness of boaters vs. soft felts, but it fits perfectly.

Photoon2010-03-16at2128.jpg

More in the Boater Faction thread.

Nice boater! I should have one soon, a new one, however long it takes to post from the UK. You're so lucky to have a normal-size noggin.

stevechasmar

New in Town
KILO NOVEMBER said:
At one point I weighed 260 lbs. I then dropped to 185 and now I back up to about 230. My hat size has been 7 3/4 LO through the whole experience.

KILO NOVEMBER: Thank you for the reply. Maybe it's just a matter of hair re-growing -- which I am happy to say is finally happening.

Best,
Steven

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
4435286675_5d23a16c4d.jpg
[

My fourth Philadelphia Stetson 3X for under $50.00. How come I won this for $41.00 and those "Custom" "vintage" Stetsons go for $200.00-300.00?[huh]
Small head.

Do you think the leather is as old as the hat? Very nice, BTW.

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars

Musashi

One of the Regulars
I won't burden everyone with yet another quoted copy of the photos, but let me just say that is one fantastic hat and it looks great on you! Very nice!!!

Cracker said:
My Stetson 3X Fifteen Mode Edge arrived today. It's as beautiful as advertised, a tad tight but the softest (and probably oldest) hat I own.

deenis

Familiar Face
Borsalino

My Borsalino Crushable/water repellent Hat arrived today. USPS brought it from California to Upstate Vermont in just two days. I really like this hat. It is super light. The felt is very easy to shape but the brim still keeps it shape even though it is thin felt. I used to own a "Borsalino Casual Crusher Hat" but I returned it because it would not hold it's shape. This new hat holds well. Color is black and the size is 71/8. I folded the hat and brought it back to proper state with no problem. I need to try it out in the rain. I am thinking of buying a brown one also but not until I try this hat out in the rain.

Here is the advertised description: "The quality of the Italian Borsalino fur felt is unmatchable. Pliable so you can shape the brim and crown to your fancy, and durable enough to hold the shape you give it. Slide this water repellent, rollup, all weather Borsalino hat into your suitcase without worrying about ruining it. Half-inch gros grain band. Custom Borsalino cloth sweat band. Crushable. 2 3/8" brim can be worn turned down or up. This soft Borsalino hat comes in black, olive green, taupe(pecan) and brown. The brown version is slightly different with heavier felt and a slightly wider band. All are made by Borsalino in Florence (Firenze), Italy. Fast $6.50 shipping.

March1720100048.jpg

March1720100046.jpg

March1720100041.jpg

March1720100039.jpg

deenis

Familiar Face
Thanks zetwal, I am very pleased to be here. I have been learning a lot from you and all the others that have graciously shared their knowledge. Wow, there are some INCREDIBLY beautiful hats here at the FL.

Playa Playa

New in Town
Hats in the Belfry

Love those hats:

I have been searching for a site like Fedora Lounge for 40 years. My law partners and I all tend to go for the circa 1940 look. Having grown up in the 40s - 60s, I was always in the presence of men who were dapper in their dress. I wore hats, great shoes, and suits to school, in the 50s, as a teenager. My dad was a cajun chef, from Lake Providence, LA and his thing was "you can't be neat, if your clothes are beat". Anyone looking for nice shoes with skins, go to Alligatorworld.com. I have a number of the two tone black/gray, brown/tan, black/white skins. They appear to have the spats on them. If you don't like what you get, you can return with no questions asked. Looking for some nice hats, I know a few shops in Baltimore. Hippodrome Hat Shop and Ecuadorian Hat Shop. Also, there is Hats in the Belfry.
My partner and I are suit fanatics. How about looking through 50 suits and finding a $1,000.00 Georgio Canali for $49.00 or a $800.00 Harts, Shaffner, Marx double breasted, for $55.00. I know it sounds unbelievable, but take some time, get down into the country to out of the way Marshalls. That's where we find them.

Born to Dress,
Playa Playa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace