Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Zanzibarstar said:
CRH said:
+1

Zanzibarstar, looks to be making a place for himself on Mt. Fedoramora!

FOR REAL!!! A couple months ago, I had 3 hats. Now I'm up to 18! How do I stop?!! Somebody help!!!:eek:

Listen to this. It should help.

deep_purple_in_rock_a.jpg

Tooch

One of the Regulars
2 new hats arrived today...

Beautiful! I have a Champ thin-ribbon that's my everyday hat. I love it.

And I swear I own the twin to that Marathon. I wore it yesterday with a jacket and tie when I enrolled my son in a much-sought charter-school spot.

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
Zanzibarstar said:
2 new hats arrived today...
First, a Champ Featherweight. MUCH THANKS to RLK for leading me to this one!!! It's pristine, and was a steal!
DSC00684.jpg
DSC00685.jpg
DSC00686.jpg
DSC00688.jpg
DSC00695.jpg
[/IMG]

Man that Champ looks great and fits your face perfectly! Congratulations indeed. And the pleaded bow on the Marathon is oh so sweet.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Zanzibarstar said:
Next, a Penney Marathon. The listing color looked like a light cream, but the actual color was pewter gray. The front crease is too severe for my liking, and I'll probably end up reworking it. But all in all, its a lovely hat...I love the ribbon detailing!

Both the Champ and the Marathon are sweet hats. I am partial to Champs when I can find the right style.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Milan.

I've been wearing this for about three hours. It shows no evidence of wear yet it possesses a faint but very powerful perfume scent that is making my nose burn. *yucky*

The eBay auction advertised a stain that would be left to the buyer to take care of. It turned out to be grape jelly. shakeshead

hpim2288.jpg

hpim2291d.jpg

hpim2292.jpg

hpim2293.jpg

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
My first Fedora

Well, I bought this hat back in Feb. but since I'm new here I'm posting it as a "new" hat! I picked this up from Meyer the Hatter in New Orleans while on vacation. I had always wanted a fedora so I asked a local cigar store owner where he purchased his hat. He told me to go to Meyer's and they would fix me up. I thought I wanted a brown color, but the fellow who helped me showed me this olive one and I fell in love. It's a Biltmore, very light weight felt. Now the addiction has started because since Feb. I've purchased a vintage Borsalino, a PanamaBob Cuenca, and most recently a Monticristi blocked by Mr. Art Fawcett. Oh yeah, I went ahead and put a deposit down on a VS custom. So do you think I've got the sickness or what!

DSC02782.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Bluesman61 said:
... PanamaBob Cuenca, and most recently a Monticristi blocked by Mr. Art Fawcett. Oh yeah, I went ahead and put a deposit down on a VS custom. So do you think I've got the sickness or what!

Welcome to the Lounge, Bluesman61. Looks like you've been taking your medicine.

What's up with the Panama's? Pugs or ribbons?

Show us some medicine, Bro!

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
Thanks CRH,

I got the panama from Bob on Ebay. Just a standard black ribbon, low weave count hat but I love how it feels and looks. I think it will be my "summer hat" for just everyday wear. The one from Art is a shameless copy of AndyKev's panama posted elsewhere on the forum. It has a dark blue band with the awesome ribbon work Mr. Fawcett is known for. I'll have to post pics of it later because I have to send it back for some adjustment. Turns out I'm slightly long oval and the regular 7 3/8 I requested made a wavy brim when I put it on. It's a beautiful hat though, and I can't wait to get it back! Here is the Panama Bob hat:

DSC02796.jpg

Sorry for the poor photo. I'll get better I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran